Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #21

New member here so Hello Everyone.

I recently sold my home and needed a place to live until I find a new house so I decided to borrow my mothers Newly purchased 2012 Sierra which I think is a 31FK.

She had the trailer delivered to her house then called me and started asking if her 2013 F-150 with the new 5.0 could handle the trailer.

I assumed it would since she said the trailer was supposed to be a featherlight design but told her I would come and get the trailer the next weekend in my 2012 Toyota Crew Cab 4wd with the 5.7 and tow package.

So I go get the trailer and the minute I drop it on the receiver hitch I was like WTH, this thing put my Tundra on the bump stops almost which was incredible to me because I have owned 5 Tundras with the same Tow package and never seen this happen to one of them, and I work construction so I carry some heavy loads, the tongue weight on this trailer is insane IMHO.

So I ran to Auto Zone to grab some of the little spring helpers that go on top of the leaf springs, installed them in 30 min and dropped the trailer back on the ball again...Squatted the truck down to just about level WOW...I was getting worried a bit.
Hooked up the spring bars and sway controller and away I went....The Tundra had no problems pulling or stopping the trailer but I did have to adjust the sway control a few times..... I would have to say however that this is to much trailer for a 1/2 Ton truck, even a beastly tundra....Thinking on buying an F-250 in a few months LOL.
LouisianaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, truck