Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2017, 07:40 PM   #1

Dual hitch

Due to the mice getting into my generator Georgetown 378, 2012, this past winter I doesn't work, so until I can get it fixed I bought a portable one (or two when I have the $), so I had a place to carry it (them); I purchased a 10,000 dual hitch, which was the same size as my original, when I put the cargo tray together there was a warning on either the hitch or tray about making sharp turns and possibly damaging my toad ! There was also something about getting longer cables, but since I'm flat towing I don't see how longer cables will make any difference, the tow bar is only so long. Any suggestions other than only making LEFT turns ? It did specify sharp turns, but since entry onto interstates are usually mostly right turns, and 90 ish degrees, what's the solution ?

My kids: CLEMMIE, aka Killer MAZIE, aka Killer II @the Rainbow Bridge:PYMMINT Keeshonden: Nicky, Tookie, Mandy, Chip, JD, Ashley, Winston, Ditty, Lyric, Montana, Georgie01-30-2011: KELLY; Eleanor; Montgomery; Charlotte Gray; Rosie, the Riveter; Audey Murphy; VIOLET
pymmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:50 AM   #2

After talking to Camping World, they suggested a 6" hitch extender for the car, but will that still be long enough so the car doesn't hit the cargo tray on turns? Is there a "formula" to know if this should will work ? Apparently this is the longest there is . . . .

My kids: CLEMMIE, aka Killer MAZIE, aka Killer II @the Rainbow Bridge:PYMMINT Keeshonden: Nicky, Tookie, Mandy, Chip, JD, Ashley, Winston, Ditty, Lyric, Montana, Georgie01-30-2011: KELLY; Eleanor; Montgomery; Charlotte Gray; Rosie, the Riveter; Audey Murphy; VIOLET
pymmint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch