Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #1

E2 WDH question. Help.

Ok. I have an E2 WDH that was installed by the techs where we bought our TT. I have read all the info on the set up and maintenance but have a question about the washers/spacers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking the washers are to help with WD. If you add more washers, the arms face downward more and when you place them up onto the L Brackets and pin them in, you are actually distributing more weight to the tongue of the TT. Am I correct?
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #2

Change your statement to you actually distributing more of the tongue weight of the TT. More washers = more weight distribution. Remember that none of the tongue weight is actually distributed to the front axle of the tow vehicle if it is set correctly. You are distributing weight to the front axle, but it is the same weight that gets removed when you drop the trailer on the hitch. Figure 20% shifted to the trailer axles and the rest on the rear axle of the truck and you will be in the ballpark.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
rvb

simply put, more washers leverages more weight to the front axle of the truck.
there is more tension on the arms.
-rvb
rvb is offline   Reply With Quote