Old 03-30-2015, 09:04 AM   #1

Eaz Lift Recurve R3

Is anyone towing with the new Eaz Lift Recurve WDH? If so, how do you like it?

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #2

Never heard of it 'til now. Tried a search. Got a couple of hits, but no pictures.
Got a link?

Equal-i-zer WDH (10k), Prodigy Brake Controller
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:29 PM   #3

http://www.camco.net/assets/images/p...8750_inuse.png

See if this works. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2015, 12:14 PM   #4

OK, so they put the WD bar upside-down, inserting into the top of the head. Can't tell how they are coupled to the A-frame.

My concern would be if you were backing up, and turned too sharply. It looks (?) like the coupler could crash into the bar.

It looks like a good way to avoid ground clearance issues to the bars. But again, never heard of it.

I recommend the Equal-I-zer with integrated sway control.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:23 PM   #5

Purchasing a 261bhxl tomorrow and the dealer has a eaz lift recurve 3 he wants to sell me. He doesn't have a lot of option there and I tried doing some research on this unit but it must either be pretty new or not liked. Anyone having good luck with this weight distribution hitch?? Thanks
Old 05-28-2015, 09:59 PM   #6

Eaz Lift Recurve R3

Looks like a nice hitch, I just watched a YouTube video on it.. It seems Camco makes it..
Old 05-28-2015, 10:25 PM   #7

ive searched a lot and it's hard to find much info on it. Seems like a solid design. Just don't want to waste my money. I'm gonna call back tomorrow and see what else they offer. But... They were sold out of them so it should mean people are trying them, my question is are they liking them. Tough decision
Old 05-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #8

Eaz Lift Recurve R3

It's got to be better than any of those chain type wdh's.. I would give it a try. Maybe they'll give you your money back if you don't like it?
Old 06-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #9

I just looked at the Camco website, and they have certain done some thinking with the R3, R6, and Trekker models. I like that the application for weight distribution for all 3 is still by lifting UPWARD on spring bars, not REARWARD on chains. So you are still guaranteed the ability to transfer all lost weight back onto the front wheels.

When looking at the R3, I was baffled at how this would even allow turning, since both ends of the spring bars are pinned in place. Then I got a closer look at the head design. Here is my take on all 3:

Trekker: Pretty much the same as the Equalizer. Looks like 4-point sway control, all 4 being friction. Rear 2 points are where the bars slide on platforms. Front 2 are where you can adjust the clamping force for the sockets. Nice thing is that it seems to use the same head for 600, 1000, or 1200 lbs. Just swap bars if you change trailers.

R3 - This actually looks like a single-point sway control model, and it is friction. Not sure how effective it will be. The rear points (ends of spring bars), are pinned in place. They will not slide or move much at all. This means it will be very restrictive as to where the brackets can be installed. Sway control happens at the collar, under the ball itself. The front ends of the spring bars fit into vertical sockets, which are attached to this rotating collar. You then simply tighten the collar to the desired setting. The friction under that collar is your sway control. In a turn, that entire collar (with the bars) rotate. Again, in a tight turn, I would hope the design is such that the bars won't contact the coupler.

R6 - Here is where I saw the most innovation. Looks like 2-point sway control, at the head. But it's not friction. Looks like a self-centering, dual spring-ball.
Again, like the R3, the rear ends of the bars are pinned, and the front ends of the bars fit into sockets attached to a collar that rotates about the vertical centerline of the ball. But there is no friction clamp this time. Instead, there is a large ball (1" diameter?) under each of the bar's sockets, likely with a very strong spring underneath, forcing it upward, into the underside of each socket. When pulling straight, these self-center into the sockets. I the trailer tries to pull off-center, the sockets have to ride up the ball's curve, which is restricted by the spring force, pulling it back on-center. It's more like a Dual-Cam I guess. Of course, in a turn, the forces involved easily overcome the spring-force under the ball, and the collar rotates as needed. As indicated, you can completely turn off the sway control by turning a switch on each side. I assume this simply disengages the large spring under the ball, letting it drop downward.

Trekker - Too close to the Equalizer. Unless it's a lot cheaper, I'd go with something proven.
R3 - Seems like you are asking a lot from that single friction-collar. That's probably why they have an R6.
R6 - If I were to need another system, I'd consider this one. Seems very simple. Getting away from friction for sway control is likely a quieter choice, too.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #10

Well, I just noticed RVWholesalers carries the Recurve products:

Recurve R6 (600, 1000, or 1200lbs): $607.99
Recurve R3 (400, 600, or 1000lbs): $352.99

Equalizer 4,000: $513.99
Equalizer 6,000: $529.99
Equalizer 10,000: $445.99 <---
Equalizer 12,000: $469.99 <---
Equalizer 14,000: $599.99

I take back my statement. I could not pay $150 more than the 10k Equalizer. And I doubt the single-point Recurve R3 would function much better than a single friction sway bar. Equalizer has obviously penetrated the market such that RVW buys them in such large quantities, they offer huge discounts. Maybe prices will come down.