Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #41

You are paying for the truck, get what you want not what the salesman thinks you want. I have an Eco with 3.73s, haven't towed much with it yet but what I have, didn't even know it was back there. I wish I went with the max tow for payload but the next one will definitely have it.
meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #42
gwh

When I bought my F150 EB I called the dealer knowing exactly what I wanted. Told him I wanted 3.73 Max tow and HD payload package in a SC.

Just based on that there were only a handful of trucks that matched, he didn't have any on site but was more then happy to call around and get one brought in.

If your dealer won't do that go to someone else.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #43

These are the numbers for our EcoBoost, 157" wheel base, super crew 4x2, Max Tow with HD payload.

GVWR 8,200
Rear GAWR 4,800
Front GAWR 3,750
Max payload 2,493

This truck was ordered.
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #44

I purchased my truck with towing in mind. To that end I ordered (it's almost impossible to find a 'lot truck' kitted like mine), a Max Tow/HD Payload package. This comes with 3.73 in the rear and the highest payload / towing numbers that the F-150 can come with.

If you are only going to be hauling a 5K rig then a truck with a similar build will haul it all day long and then some. Especially with the added bonus of stock LT tires etc.

With that being said, it might be overkill for your needs. However, you won't be sorry if you do get one. 6 months later and the grin is still now permanently on my face...

Bottom line, its YOUR truck, if the dealer won't source one just like you want, move on to another dealer.
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote