Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
I don't even have an F150 and I know about it by reading it here in previous posts. That's what these forums are for, isn't it? LOL
Yes I too found out how and where, but the point is it should all be in the owners manuel. If you are a newbie, to towing trailers and it were not in the manuel or the dealer did not know or inform you, the house battery would never be charged would it? My point simply is these things should be in the manuel. I may not know of any forums yet to get information even if the dealer does not know.

Love my new Ford F-150 ecoboost titanium with Max Tow Package.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #42
Travel Trailer Newb

Traded my 2009 F150 Screw 5.4L 4X4 this weekend for a 2013 3.5L Ecoboost with pretty much the same package, even the same color to keep my Leer cap top. Added the factory tow brake control, back up camera and a few other bells and whistles. I liked my 2009 it was in great shape at 55000 miles but being I used it as a daily driver 3-4 days a week, wanted to squeeze more miles out of the tank.

I was getting 16-17 MPG unloaded and 11-12 MPG pulling our Surveyor 189SC with Andersen WDS. Anxiously waiting to get through the 1000 mile break-in to see what new one will do.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #43
Incheon, S. Korea

My friend in Tennessee has an Eco-Boost and a comparable TT (I think) He loves it.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #44
Villa Estate 392FLFB

2012 ecoboost Super cab 6.5' box, 3.73 gears, full tow package.

truck box camper & car trailer loaded with the toys. drove 5k kms round trip. averaged 11-14mpg whole trip through ontario/manitoba/sask. Up/Down, Left/Right, stopping for bridge work, gas etc. Never once did I have problems getting up or down the hills.

highlight of trip was near Kenora Ontario. little old man pulls out on the trans canada driving a little old aeris K-car... well he was doing about 40km/hr in a 100 zone, i pulled out to pass and put the peddle down a little hard... she spun all the way upto 100km/hr! was kinda amazing yet scary! soon as you plug a 7 pin trailer into those ecoboost truck they are ANOTHER animal!!
Old 10-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #45
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stuff View Post
2012 ecoboost Super cab 6.5' box, 3.73 gears, full tow package.

truck box camper & car trailer loaded with the toys. drove 5k kms round trip. averaged 11-14mpg whole trip through ontario/manitoba/sask. Up/Down, Left/Right, stopping for bridge work, gas etc. Never once did I have problems getting up or down the hills.

highlight of trip was near Kenora Ontario. little old man pulls out on the trans canada driving a little old aeris K-car... well he was doing about 40km/hr in a 100 zone, i pulled out to pass and put the peddle down a little hard... she spun all the way upto 100km/hr! was kinda amazing yet scary! soon as you plug a 7 pin trailer into those ecoboost truck they are ANOTHER animal!!
Better be careful, you'll pull the tongue off the trailer.

Tags
ecoboost