Old 01-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #11

Our jack failed after the TT was hooked up to the TV. Went to raise jack for travel and gears inside broke. Had to remove jack and install a new one before I was able to remove TT from TV. Ours started the same way not going up all the way.

caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:48 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTVET1990 View Post
As in the front jacks wont go up all the way for towing without the trailer lights hooked up. when I unhook and lower the jacks while stored to let the water roll off the roof it stops short when disconnected. Hook up the wires to tow and the jacks go up all the way

Sounds like your trailer's battery is weak then. Might want to get it checked.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 01-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #13

My battery is fine. That's the way it works.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #14

UPDATE: Took the trailer to the dealer yesterday and got a call today. They told my wife Forestriver will not warranty the jack because it looks bent (the plate that you can adjust on the bottom is actually bent in the front, not sure how it happened, didn't think it would be a big deal since you can probably get those replaced). He said I can still try to send it in, but if they won't warranty it I'll have to pay for repairs and shipping. He didn't give me a quote as all this info was relayed to my wife. So, I'm thinking I could A) send it in and go for the warranty, or B) Just get a manual jack so it's one thing less to worry about. If I decide to go with B, what type of jack am I looking at for this trailer? A quick search yields all kinds of different jacks. Any suggestions or advice?

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s GVWR
thestrangebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:25 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangebrew View Post
UPDATE: Took the trailer to the dealer yesterday and got a call today. They told my wife Forestriver will not warranty the jack because it looks bent (the plate that you can adjust on the bottom is actually bent in the front, not sure how it happened, didn't think it would be a big deal since you can probably get those replaced). He said I can still try to send it in, but if they won't warranty it I'll have to pay for repairs and shipping. He didn't give me a quote as all this info was relayed to my wife. So, I'm thinking I could A) send it in and go for the warranty, or B) Just get a manual jack so it's one thing less to worry about. If I decide to go with B, what type of jack am I looking at for this trailer? A quick search yields all kinds of different jacks. Any suggestions or advice?

Option C: go to the rally in Goshen in August and have it fixed for free.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Option C: go to the rally in Goshen in August and have it fixed for free.

That would be a (Pricey way to replace the Jack) he lives in Cal.! Do yourself a favor and buy a (Barker Jack) VIP model! Made in the USA! Youroo!!
Old 01-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #17

Yea I was looking into those last night youroo. And correct, I can't make it out to Goshen in Aug. to get a jack fixed lol. I'll take a look at the Barker Jacks. My only concern would be the height of the jack. Obviously wouldn't want it to interfere with the front bunk when popped out.

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s GVWR
thestrangebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #18

If you search on here - in the Roo/Shamrock section there a bunch of threads about replacing the tongue jack. The Barker VIP 3500 seems to get a lot of good reviews. I am hoping my LCI jack has a third season left in it, but its only a matter time before I replace it.

Electric Tongue Jack

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric