Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2015, 06:04 PM   #1

Electric Jack won't go up! Help!

I have a 2014 233s Roo and the electric jack is only able to go up about halfway. It's extended about a foot down from the frame and if I try to pull out, it won't clear the sidewalk curb. Does anyone know if these electric jacks that came with the Roos have a manual I can put some elbow grease onto? Looking at it, I can't see that it does. We're supposed to be leaving in 30 mins and I can't get out of my driveway!!

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s
thestrangebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:08 PM   #2

What is the brand and model of your jack? Does it cycle back down?
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #3

If you have Lippert stabilizer, here is manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Stabilizer; Lippert Electric.pdf (872.4 KB, 343 views)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:20 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

If it's like ours, then on the opposite side from the motor you should see the end of spindle is 6 sided, like a bolt. There should have been a crank handle with your unit somewhere that fits that allowing you to crank them up/down manually.

(We had to use it when we blew our first motor due to over extending)
Old 01-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #5

You should have been provided a manual crank. Take the crank to the roadside of the camper because the manual crank position for the electric jacks is on that side. Should come right up. The Lippert electric jacks FR is using LOVE to be WELL lubricated all the time!
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #6

Well I was able to leave yesterday about 1.5 hrs later than planned. I found the crank and manual but still wasn't able to raise the jack. I ended up just removing it all together, then when I got to camp I just put it back on with some blocks under it. Seems to be holding up fine and I'll have to get it looked at by the dealer next week. Thanks for the help all!

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s
Old 01-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #7

Sounds weird but my jacks will go up differently if I have my trailer wires hooked to the truck. Maybe a tow mode and a parked mode? try it and see what happens
1990Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:04 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTVET1990 View Post
Sounds weird but my jacks will go up differently if I have my trailer wires hooked to the truck. Maybe a tow mode and a parked mode? try it and see what happens

What do you mean by differently? Not as much power without the truck or do the switches work backwards with the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-17-2015, 05:27 PM   #9

As in the front jacks wont go up all the way for towing without the trailer lights hooked up. when I unhook and lower the jacks while stored to let the water roll off the roof it stops short when disconnected. Hook up the wires to tow and the jacks go up all the way
Old 01-17-2015, 06:13 PM   #10
rbq

It is probably the Lippert tongue jack that you are referring to. Here is a link so you view a video that shows how to raise/lower the tongue jack manually if necessary.
Power Tongue Jack|Lippert Components RV Accessories|Lippert Components
Old 01-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #11

Our jack failed after the TT was hooked up to the TV. Went to raise jack for travel and gears inside broke. Had to remove jack and install a new one before I was able to remove TT from TV. Ours started the same way not going up all the way.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:48 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTVET1990 View Post
As in the front jacks wont go up all the way for towing without the trailer lights hooked up. when I unhook and lower the jacks while stored to let the water roll off the roof it stops short when disconnected. Hook up the wires to tow and the jacks go up all the way

Sounds like your trailer's battery is weak then. Might want to get it checked.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #13

My battery is fine. That's the way it works.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #14

UPDATE: Took the trailer to the dealer yesterday and got a call today. They told my wife Forestriver will not warranty the jack because it looks bent (the plate that you can adjust on the bottom is actually bent in the front, not sure how it happened, didn't think it would be a big deal since you can probably get those replaced). He said I can still try to send it in, but if they won't warranty it I'll have to pay for repairs and shipping. He didn't give me a quote as all this info was relayed to my wife. So, I'm thinking I could A) send it in and go for the warranty, or B) Just get a manual jack so it's one thing less to worry about. If I decide to go with B, what type of jack am I looking at for this trailer? A quick search yields all kinds of different jacks. Any suggestions or advice?

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s
Old 01-22-2015, 12:25 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangebrew View Post
UPDATE: Took the trailer to the dealer yesterday and got a call today. They told my wife Forestriver will not warranty the jack because it looks bent (the plate that you can adjust on the bottom is actually bent in the front, not sure how it happened, didn't think it would be a big deal since you can probably get those replaced). He said I can still try to send it in, but if they won't warranty it I'll have to pay for repairs and shipping. He didn't give me a quote as all this info was relayed to my wife. So, I'm thinking I could A) send it in and go for the warranty, or B) Just get a manual jack so it's one thing less to worry about. If I decide to go with B, what type of jack am I looking at for this trailer? A quick search yields all kinds of different jacks. Any suggestions or advice?

Option C: go to the rally in Goshen in August and have it fixed for free.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Option C: go to the rally in Goshen in August and have it fixed for free.

That would be a (Pricey way to replace the Jack) he lives in Cal.! Do yourself a favor and buy a (Barker Jack) VIP model! Made in the USA! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #17

Yea I was looking into those last night youroo. And correct, I can't make it out to Goshen in Aug. to get a jack fixed lol. I'll take a look at the Barker Jacks. My only concern would be the height of the jack. Obviously wouldn't want it to interfere with the front bunk when popped out.

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s
Old 01-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #18

If you search on here - in the Roo/Shamrock section there a bunch of threads about replacing the tongue jack. The Barker VIP 3500 seems to get a lot of good reviews. I am hoping my LCI jack has a third season left in it, but its only a matter time before I replace it.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ack-46494.html

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric