Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #61

With EFI I am the tuner, I tell the ECM what I want not a company

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #62
Oklahoma Proud

Just read in OFF ROAD ADVENTURES, by 4wheel parts. That epa and carb are setting more stringent standards that are allowing fines to, individuals who purchase the products, installers and manuf. The parts. Any aftermarket parts have to have a carb issued Executive Order number issued to insure that the parts will not have to be removed to gain compliance. In the article it stated that some of the parts that would be included were- tuning devises, intercoolers, cold air intakes, injectors, turbos, and pretty much anything that can impact performance of an engine.

- it mentioned in the article that banks was trying to get or maintain the EO compliances- I maintain that programmers should not be used and now they can cost you more than just mechanical problems.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #63
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Just read in OFF ROAD ADVENTURES, by 4wheel parts. That epa and carb are setting more stringent standards that are allowing fines to, individuals who purchase the products, installers and manuf. The parts. Any aftermarket parts have to have a carb issued Executive Order number issued to insure that the parts will not have to be removed to gain compliance. In the article it stated that some of the parts that would be included were- tuning devises, intercoolers, cold air intakes, injectors, turbos, and pretty much anything that can impact performance of an engine.

- it mentioned in the article that banks was trying to get or maintain the EO compliances- I maintain that programmers should not be used and now they can cost you more than just mechanical problems.
Now the EPA is just getting silly...cold air intakes?, turbos?, etc...next it's gonna big your tires that are larger than std issue on the trucks due to the additional fuel burned to roll them babies...utterly crazy!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #64

When my 6.0 got the dreaded EGR issue, I decided to solve the problem and did the EGR delete. Also added the intake, and exhaust. Am using an SCT X3 to turn off the EGR system and run a basic canned tune for better economy around town and switch it to towing when pulling my rig. I don't roll coal, but there is definitely a difference in the exhaust smell.

That said, there are a number of guys around my way who hook up trucks to look better. Mostly its the guys with 6" lifts, stacks, and chrome that will never see off-road, nor tow anything. And most of them tend to be in the 18-25 range.

jnamadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #65
phat phrog stunt crew

can i say big brother trying to get into every aspect of your life without someone complaining. unfortunately, it has become a fact of life anymore.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #66

I don''t know about you, but I am tired of the "CARB" setting the precedent for the rest of the nation!!!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote