Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #1

Eqaulizer WDH set up on new TV, finally

I had the oppertunity finally to set up the equalizer on the new TV. This is the first chance I have had since the accident that totalled my former TV. with the F150 gone and a Expedition Eddie Bower with Factory tow package rated at 8900 lbs towing capacity 5.4 triton and 3.73 rear end in it's place, I have been waiting for a chance to test tow the TT. I had to adjust the ball height and redo the weight dist set up.

I finshed with the front fender changing height by .5 inches higher and the rear fenders being about .75-1 inch lower. All in range for a "Good Setup" per my equalizer manual. I had to reset the trailer brakes to match the new TV also (prodigy P2 makes that a breeze). So off on a test tow I went:

1. truck had decent power and hit 60 -65 mph without much trouble, Although I think the former F150 did it a little quicker.

2. Shorter wheelbase was only noticable when I pulled out of storage and ran over the curb..

3. High winds and Semi Trucks were not a problem on my test tow as i did not encounter any.

Acid test is this weekend when we hit the road fully loaded for a 4 day fishing/birthday trip. I did test tow (home from storage) with the family onboard, but not the added weight of coolers/food/two dogs/etc.

I hope to have a pleasant and safe trip in one vehicle, we used to take two vehicles with wife driving behind due to not enough room in truck cab for everyone. it weas nice to have the whole family in one vehicle and save money on the Gas.

Anyone else towing a 29FT TT with a Expedition type SUV? I would like to hear from you regarding your towking experience.

Thanks
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #2

i pull my 30' Windjammer with my Tahoe Z71, 5.3L, factory tow with the Equal-i-zer WDH and pulls/handles nicely....enjoy your new one

Mark and Connie
2008 3001W Windjammer
2005 Tahoe Z71, 5.3L
Equal-i-zer WD
mkollath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkollath View Post
i pull my 30' Windjammer with my Tahoe Z71, 5.3L, factory tow with the Equal-i-zer WDH and pulls/handles nicely....enjoy your new one
just the type of feedback I was looknig for, thanks
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote