Old 07-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #21
This is on the Equal-i-zer 4 point hitch. Where the bars plug into the hitch head, there area two squared receiver boxes that are torqued down to 75lbs and greased top and bottom as a front pivot point for the bars. This does provide some resistance to pivot, I actually have to have the bars in to rotate the boxed bar receivers.

JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
Thanks! Now I see it..... I finally found a photo large enough to see the difference in the hitch heads. I went ahead and ordered an Equalizer, and will let the dealer sell the E2 to someone else. I'm sure the E2 is okay, but not up to the Equalizer according to everyone I heard from.

Fab-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #23
Just returned from our week vacation in FL. This was my first long trip with the new Equal-I-Zer hitch. The trip there was effortless and cut my stress to almost nothing. The "push pull" effect of the tractor trailer trucks passing was no longer there. This reduced my stress level to almost 0! I was so comfortable towing that I found myself in a one hand on the steering wheel position as I forgot the TT was there (when I realized, I went back to proper driving).

The trip home was the usual for this location, rain, wind, and thunderstorms. Last year with my old WDH and friction sway control, we got tossed around on the bridge over the bay outside Pensecola, FL on I-10 (when I decided to upgrade the hitch). Well, got to the bay and it was storming so hard that I didn't even realize we were on the bridge. Never even flinched going accross.

I will say it again, spend the money on a good hitch! You will enjoy your TT so much more! I learned the hard way!
Kirk, KN1B
2013 Cardinal 3800FL
2009 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #24
i have the Equalizer and love it..easy to set up and take down, quick and easy and no sway at all on my 30' TT
mkollath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #25
Took possession of our Shasta Revere 21FBS LE today
had a heck of a time getting the Reese Dual Cam HP installed.
The Shasta Revere has a huge A frame and made for a tricky installation. Seems ok now, on the 1st link but still have to get the anti sway system on which should bring it down to the second link. Question is: why do I feel pull and tug while driving? like jerking?

2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi but we keep them 50-55 psi
Superglide 2700
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote