Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2014, 01:42 AM   #1

Equalizer 1200 or 1400

Just curious which Equalizer you went with if you have a 2013/14 Rockwood 8327 Sig Ultra light. Based on the numbers, this trailer seems to be right on the boarder between the 1200 and 1400. Tongue weight is listed at 1014 to 1100 on some sites...empty...I'm pulling with a 2011 Ford F250 Short bed 4x4 Diesel. Just wanted to run it by here before I called to talk to a tech. Probably going to order in the next few days but just wanted to see if anyone had any real world numbers with this unit on what they decided.

Thanks,

Ken V.
Kenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:23 AM   #2

Kenv, I am ordering my 8327SS today! Its a killer looking rig, and the wife loves the counter space! I don't have an answer for your question, but was just excited to see someone else with that same one!
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #3

Cool Biig Daddy....you guys will love it. Just picked mine up last week. I just bought it off the lot, but it had pretty much everything I wanted. I got the Diamond Pkg...which gives you the brown exterior vs. the white. I actually went to the RV place to look at a white one but they had it confused with the brown one it stock. My daughters liked the brown so we went with it! I'm going to call a tech and see which Equalizer they recommend and I'll post back. Just trying to get it ready for a Spring Break trip. Happy Camping
Old 02-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #4

Go with the bigger one. I talked to those guys a couple of years ago to confirm there is no downside to having too much WDH.
Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:39 AM   #5

Glad to hear you guys love it! We really love the dark exterior as it'll look great with our black van. Thanks and keep us updated Kenv!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #6

Thanks campingwilliamsons,

I ordered it last night and did go with the bigger one, the 1400/14,000 based on the caculator on their site and just reading more forum info. I'll be doing the install myself. Looks pretty simple with their instructions. BiigDaddy, you'll love the camper when you get it. Can't get my little daughter out of it in the yard, she has set up a playhouse in the bunkhouse already! Good day to everyone.

Ken V.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #7

Hey guys I just noticed you both recently purchased the 8327. I have been looking at one and wanted some feedback on the pro's and con's if you have had a chance to use it yet?
Colem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #8

I just got the call from the dealer that my 8327ss arrived today!! I can't wait to let you know the pros and cons!

Sent from my EVO using Forest River Forums mobile app

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
Old 04-16-2014, 11:44 PM   #9

Colem and BiigDaddy,

I took the camper for it's maiden voyage for Spring Break and had a great time with my girls and other friends. We had three TT's on the trip. Camper pulled great with the Equalizer but noticed I had it a tad too low on the setting. Needed to probably raise the drawbar up one hole...which I have already done to get ready for the next trip. I absolutely love this camper. I'm glad I went with the 50amp....not just for the two A/Cs but just not having to worry about running a space heater/microwave and have a crock pot plugged in. Went to Big Bend State Park in Texas for 5 nights. Only used one A/C for about 2 hours on the second to last day. Other than that, temps were pretty cool. Love the way the frameless windows open. I had three extra kids besides my two sleeping in the bunk house one night of the five and we had plenty of room. Couple of things I had to mess with on the initial campout was I was getting no water pressure from the island sink. The way the cord for the pull out faucet was mounted, they had kinked the line when they mounted it under the sink. I just undid the zip tie/screw combo, straigtned the line and repositioned the weight on the pull out faucet cord. Secondly, I remember reading about this somewhere....we got a little rain the first night and my main slide and the front bedroom side both leaked water onto the floor. Now granted, I was in a spot where the camper was really tilted down to the entry door side...just because we got to the first overnight drive spot after dark and everyone was tired and wanted to sleep. I even left it attached to the truck. I believe if I had been more level...like I was that last 4 nights, I might not have had any water come in. BUT...it still bothered me that the seals are not that tight. I need to search a little and find which models had the leaking slides. It wasn't alot of water due to the fact it was a light rain...but if it had rained harder, I would have had to put a couple of towels down I bet. Other than that, like I said before, I love this camper and I'm really pleased I went with this model. My friend that went with us brought his brand new Coachman 320...similar floorplan but he wishes after seeing mine that his had the 50amp vs. the 30amp. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0365.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	50020  
Old 04-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #10

It sure looks good in the pic. Did you find a shortage in outside storage or wish you had a outside kitchen? Btw the one we where looking at sold over the weekend so now if we pull the trigger it will take 10 weeks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #11

Colem, too bad on the unit getting sold. We ordered February 20th. It came in yesterday. Good luck!

Sent from my EVO using Forest River Forums mobile app

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
Old 04-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenv View Post
Thanks campingwilliamsons,

I ordered it last night and did go with the bigger one, the 1400/14,000 based on the caculator on their site and just reading more forum info. I'll be doing the install myself. Looks pretty simple with their instructions. BiigDaddy, you'll love the camper when you get it. Can't get my little daughter out of it in the yard, she has set up a playhouse in the bunkhouse already! Good day to everyone.

Ken V.
Good pick on the 14k.
Cute tidbit about your daughter ,Kodak moment! That kinda hit me today because my youngest daughter (23) just moved to Colorado today.
I remember having a tea party with her in our old pop-up.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equalizer