Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #1

Extending Factory Chevy Mirrors Farther Out?

As it say in my signature, I tow with a 2011 Silverado 2500HD. I have the factory "camper" mirrors on the truck which are manually extended with a good tug until they hit the stops. With my old 2008 trailer, I was able to see down both sides of it without any problem. But now with my 2013, I'm having a hard time. The new trailer is a full 8' wide while the older was only 7'6". I'm not the tallest person in the world so I try to sit as far back in the seat as possible but it doesn't help much. If I try hard I can see down the driver's side but no way I can see down the passenger side.

So my question is: Has anyone ever tried making their factory camper mirrors extend more than what they do from the factory?
BeagleIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #2

Maybe a dumb suggestion but what happens if you push the mirrors forward past the break-away stop? I'm about 6' so I'm not really sure what you're dealing with there but that's the first thing comes to mind.
n2_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2_hunter
Maybe a dumb suggestion but what happens if you push the mirrors forward past the break-away stop? I'm about 6' so I'm not really sure what you're dealing with there but that's the first thing comes to mind.
That moves the body of the mirror out further but the travel of the glass is limited and can't be turned in enough.
BeagleIL is offline   Reply With Quote