Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
One more question, what is your fuel mileage like? I currently get 16 around town and 20 highway and 10-12 towing the Crusader. I run a Bullydog GT Tuner also SB Air box and 4" Exhaust.
I don't have a new 6.7 PSD but a new Duramax with all emissions still in place and a custom EFI live tune on it and I just towed a TOTAL WEIGHT OF 19,410 and averaged 11 at 74mph. You still have me beat on unloaded mpg. Until I delete the truck and retune I'm limited.
__________________

__________________
Doc
____________________________________
2014 V-Cross Platinum 365VTSB (Bought Labor Day 2014)
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
QCCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
One more question, what is your fuel mileage like? I currently get 16 around town and 20 highway and 10-12 towing the Crusader. I run a Bullydog GT Tuner also SB Air box and 4" Exhaust.
About the same towing and in town (Which is about 90% of my driving.) I honestly haven't tracked highway that much while not towing because we usually take our mini van or my car when we don't tow and travel longer distances.
__________________

__________________
Jack of all trades - Master of none
2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2014 Sabre 36QBOK
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
golfmedik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn, GA
Posts: 966
Rick, I have a '13 6.7 DRW 4x4 pulling a 15,500 pound high profile 5er that has 3100 pounds on the pin, and I got 10 mpg both ways to and form Myrtle Beach last month. I too, have a 7.3, but it is in my Excursion, so I kind of have an idea of what your predicament is. My Ex is my daily driver and I pull my TT toyhauler some with it, but it doesn't compare to the way my dually handles it. More stability, more power, better spring rates, all the bells and whistles. So there, I am trying to talk you into it! However, think about this if you would. Instead of buying brand new, get one with a few thousand miles on it, save the F250 as a backup truck in case you need another truck, also, dealers will salivate over you bringing a 7.3L onto the lot and not want to give you what it is worth!!! That way, it is a win-win situation.
__________________
2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort White, Fl
Posts: 547
My next door neighbor is retired he used to work as a salesman for a local Ford dealer. One of his salesman buddies who worked out a great deal with us when we bought our 2011 Mustang for the DW just brought a 2015 Dually CrewCab by for me to test drive. Man it was nice had sticker shock though 65K we did not talk numbers, I know I would a get a much better price then that. It was 4WD which I don't want or need he had some printouts on similar 2WD models that were 4K less. Still not sure I am ready to pull the trigger I would like to get our 5ver paid off first about 8 months from now. If I can make it through the new truck fever for a few more days I should be good.
__________________
2014 Crusader 325res Touring Edition
2003 Silverado Duramax 6.6 Dually Longbed 2wd Crew Cab
Nights Camped 2014-51
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
My next door neighbor is retired he used to work as a salesman for a local Ford dealer. One of his salesman buddies who worked out a great deal with us when we bought our 2011 Mustang for the DW just brought a 2015 Dually CrewCab by for me to test drive. Man it was nice had sticker shock though 65K we did not talk numbers, I know I would a get a much better price then that. It was 4WD which I don't want or need he had some printouts on similar 2WD models that were 4K less. Still not sure I am ready to pull the trigger I would like to get our 5ver paid off first about 8 months from now. If I can make it through the new truck fever for a few more days I should be good.
The price of the HD trucks have gotten insane.... Food for thought. I got my 2014 2500HD with 20K on the clock. The original owner realized he didnt need a diesel and traded for a gasser. I got it for $43K. It stickered for $55K. I saved $12K off of new and it was basically new with 80K of the warranty left.
__________________
Doc
____________________________________
2014 V-Cross Platinum 365VTSB (Bought Labor Day 2014)
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
btritschler1437's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Venice, FL Area
Posts: 251
I know the pain. Had a F-350 SRW before the current truck. Felt the 325 res pushed the truck around a little especially in the mountains and stopping left something to be desired. Bought the new truck in Feb and just completed a 10,000 mile trip out west in MT, WY, CO. The dual wheels and the dedicated exhaust brake made for a very safe, secure feeling.
__________________
Bob & Sharon, "15 Cedar Creek 38CK Custom, '13 RAM 3500 Laramie, 4x4, LB, CC, DRW 6.7 Cummins HO, Aisin 4.10"

btritschler1437 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 496
Amazing how much better the new trucks frames and brakes are just in the last 10 or so years. My 14 Chevy is much nicer then my 09 Chevy.
__________________
Doc
____________________________________
2014 V-Cross Platinum 365VTSB (Bought Labor Day 2014)
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort White, Fl
Posts: 547
Well after much discussion we have decided to quit camping altogether and sell everything J/K. But we have decided to find 1999-2003 F350 Dually 7.3 that suits our needs. We could not justify spending that kinda $$$ on a new truck. As a matter of fact I listed my F250 on craiglist yesterday. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Time for the shameless plug:

2003 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 7.3 $10,500/Trade
__________________
2014 Crusader 325res Touring Edition
2003 Silverado Duramax 6.6 Dually Longbed 2wd Crew Cab
Nights Camped 2014-51
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Well after much discussion we have decided to quit camping altogether and sell everything J/K. But we have decided to find 1999-2003 F350 Dually 7.3 that suits our needs. We could not justify spending that kinda $$$ on a new truck. As a matter of fact I listed my F250 on craiglist yesterday. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Time for the shameless plug:

2003 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 7.3 $10,500/Trade
Try to find an 02 or 03. The 03 is the Holy Grail 7.3!!! Are you going for a DRW or SRW?
__________________
Doc
____________________________________
2014 V-Cross Platinum 365VTSB (Bought Labor Day 2014)
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort White, Fl
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGTO View Post
Try to find an 02 or 03. The 03 is the Holy Grail 7.3!!! Are you going for a DRW or SRW?
I want a DRW Crew Cab but would settle for a Super Cab and I prefer 2wd. Tried to work out a trade+$$ with this guy but he wouldn't budge.

2000 f350 turbo diesel 7.3L king ranch 2008 front 238k miles MINT COND
__________________

__________________
2014 Crusader 325res Touring Edition
2003 Silverado Duramax 6.6 Dually Longbed 2wd Crew Cab
Nights Camped 2014-51
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
f350

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.