Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #1

Falcon tow bar question

I have a quick question.

We just got our tow bar installed from Camping World on our Jeep. I got my 30 minute instructions on hooking it up, getting jeep in neutral etc.

OK so when I went to un-hook it and store it the tow bar folds up and stores vertical (up and down). I thought these tow bars were horizontal once they are put away.

Also another question. My RV is brand new (3 months old). I have not towed anything and only been on two small trips. The 7 way plug in the rear was destroyed. Camping world had to instal a new one for $134, do you think I will get that back under warranty?

Name:   1.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  9.7 KB

Name:   2.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  9.9 KB

Name:   3.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  10.5 KB
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #2

What the heck happened there?

Old 11-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #3

No clue.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #4

Looks like the back of the TT bottomed out on something catching the plug bracket and bending it, I doubt it would be a warranty item. I did the same thing only it was one of my stablizers that got caught and bent back.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #5

You should be able to just push your Falcon Tow Bars either left or right to stow it horizontally. I think there are tabs that protrude from both sides that the tow bar rests on. Your tow bar joints may be just stiff from no usage.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #6

I will have to take a pic. When I fold them and move them to the rv and if they are horizontal they just fall to the ground. The only tab with a spring thingy holds the bars folded up vertical. Hard to explain. I will take a pic.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #7

Bring your tow bar legs to the vertical and insert the pin (spring thingy) to hold it vertical and then just push on both tow bar legs left or right to stow horizontal. The bolt joints are just tight and have not been exercised.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
I have a quick question. We just got our tow bar installed from Camping World on our Jeep. I got my 30 minute instructions on hooking it up, getting jeep in neutral etc. OK so when I went to un-hook it and store it the tow bar folds up and stores vertical (up and down). I thought these tow bars were horizontal once they are put away. Also another question. My RV is brand new (3 months old). I have not towed anything and only been on two small trips. The 7 way plug in the rear was destroyed. Camping world had to instal a new one for $134, do you think I will get that back under warranty?
Regarding your question on warranty for the plug: if it was destroyed by user negligence (can't think of anything else :-) the replacement including installation cost will be your expenses. IMHO
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying dutchman View Post
Regarding your question on warranty for the plug: if it was destroyed by user negligence (can't think of anything else :-) the replacement including installation cost will be your expenses. IMHO
Yeah that will always be the issue. I know I did not do it. The only thing I have going for me is in the pics you can tell it happened a while ago as it is so rusted. It either happened at the dealer or on the trip across the states for delivery.

It is only $134 so I was just asking. Not that big of a deal just a bummer on such a new rig. My fault for not catching it when I took delivery.