Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2018, 10:52 PM   #21

The Forest River recommendation at last years International Rally was to use Mothers or Maguire's products. Stated Maguire's was the best bang for the buck. RV and Boat Cleaner Wax. I've been using Maguire's M63 and M59.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:47 AM   #22

Best I ever used

Been cleaning and waxing vehicles since the late 60’s. Maguires makes a polish/ compound for gel coats that gets the swirls out that works great. I used an electric polisher with a medium foam pad. It removed streaks and swirls, but a lot of work. To keep it up and not have to do it twice or even once a year I found a great product. TOP COAT F-11. This stuff is fantastic ! You can use it on gel-coat, paint, glass, plastic, denim finish, chrome, aluminum, leather, vinyl, almost anything with NO residue. Repels water better than RainX, UV protectant and makes cleaning bugs off easy. Ton of reviews on line. Just Google topcoat f11. No washing just rinse dry and apply. Plus the more you use it the better the finish will get!
Jturpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #23

That is expensive stuff, even more then 303, didn't see much difference for the money IMO. Went back to NU Finish for 8.00 bucks a bottle I think I have tired them all. If you don't mind doing it 2 or 3 times a year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forest River Forums mobile app

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #24

Been trying different stuff for years. Best I've found is Blackfire Wet Diamond. They also make a cleaner/sealant, Total Polish & Seal, that is good too. The Wet Diamond is the ultimate though.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
That is expensive stuff, even more then 303, didn't see much difference for the money IMO. Went back to NU Finish for 8.00 bucks a bottle I think I have tired them all. If you don't mind doing it 2 or 3 times a year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forest River Forums mobile app

You are right it is expensive. But maybe not. In the long run it may not be because you us very little, you have so many things it can be used on so it replaces other products i.e. leather and vinyl protectant, glass cleaner, chrome polish, stainless steel cleaner/polish, less washing, no residue, less time and effort. Plus it makes almost any finish look great. It goes along way when you use it as the manufacturer recommends.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jturpin View Post
You are right it is expensive. But maybe not. In the long run it may not be because you us very little, you have so many things it can be used on so it replaces other products i.e. leather and vinyl protectant, glass cleaner, chrome polish, stainless steel cleaner/polish, less washing, no residue, less time and effort. Plus it makes almost any finish look great. It goes along way when you use it as the manufacturer recommends.
Won't 303 do all of the above also for 1/2 the price? I bought it and now can't stop getting emails from them, honestly I didn't see the difference between the products, but I'm not a professional detailer either.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:57 AM   #27
WFD

[QUOTE=Brewhedd;1721456]Been trying different stuff for years. Best I've found is Blackfire Wet Diamond. They also make a cleaner/sealant, Total Polish & Seal, that is good too. The Wet Diamond is the ultimate though.[/QUOTE

I belong to a car detailing site and forum that sells Blackfire products, and |I see they have the sealants and cleaner waxes etc...they also have a Blackfire Wet Diamond kit that comes with various products but not one that is specifically called Wet Diamond...is the product you are using specifically called Wet Diamond? If so can you tell me where it's available? The Black Diamond car detailing products receive pretty great reviews...I just received a sample of their car wash shampoo.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:26 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
Those with fiberglass exteriors, what are you using to protect your TT? Are fiberglass specific sealers best, or do you use a sealer/wax that would be used on your car? I know synthetics last longer than carnuba, but want something that applies easiest with less fuss wiping it down. What do you use?
Duragloss Boat & RV Wax #501 !!!
Check Amazon !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #29

UV protectant and Wax

303 for UV (#30306) and Marine 31 Gel Coat Spray Wax Plus (#M31-721).
Period.
LaddDez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:53 AM   #30

303. And done.

2012 FR Stealth 2714 Toyhauler.
2017 Ford F 250, 4x4, Super Cab, 8' bed, 6.2 gas motor.
Various Desert Toys including a Rzr XP Turbo.
ADVtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:51 AM   #31

303 is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Won't 303 do all of the above also for 1/2 the price? I bought it and now can't stop getting emails from them, honestly I didn't see the difference between the products, but I'm not a professional detailer either.
I have used 303 as well. They make a good product. I have compared them side by side. They make several products for different things that f11 does with one. The only thing f11 doesn’t do that I know of is a fabric protacant wiich 303 came out with last year and seems to work well on my 4Runner. Not downing 303, but f11 has manny more uses and the shine is outstanding and better than 303.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #32

I see F11 on Amazon is only $83 for 16ozs !!!
It better do more than make my MN shine !!!
LMAO !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiberglass, seal, wax