Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2020, 11:48 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRSCOTT View Post
I have heard that the Andersen hitch that the trailer sways. The ones that I have seen flex. I just don't like the looks of them. If you go to the gm dealer and look in accessories. The GM part number for a fifth wheel hitch comes back as a Curt A series hitch.
I have not experienced any additional "swaying" since going to the Andersen. The other benefit that I have seen is that I don't have the bucking/chucking that I had with the traditional fifth wheel hitch. But, if you don't like "the looks of them" then you should probably select something else. If you don't like them because they are made of aluminum, then you probably shouldn't get on an airplane either.
CUTiger80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRSCOTT View Post
Bought a 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with puck system. Camper is a Puma 295BHSS with a Revolution pin box. Old hitch is a Reese Pro 15 K in the old rail setup. Looking for an adaptor to the puck system or a new hitch. What has others used with a 2020 Silverado puck system?
We went with a gooseneck conversion so no hitch to remove from the truck , so nice the ball is in bed of truck, it is a turnover B&W so takes up no room in bed when not using 5er, the rest stays on the 5er, it is a Reese goose box. We have more space in bed of truck when 5er is hooked up. Also we have no smash up worries with our standard 6'ft bed that has a roll-up metal bed cover with rails on top of bed edges. TV is 2013 Chevy 2500HD.
Red Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:01 PM   #43

Will Bought a Curt A20 fifth wheel hitch for the punk system. It only has 3 sets of holes for height adjustment. 13 inches 15inches, and 17 inches. The old hitch was 15 inches tall. The 2020 is 3 inches higher and the box is 2 inches deeper. Trying to set up the hitch. How high to set the hitch. I do have 1 set of holes to lower the pin box. I know that you need 5.5inches between the top of the bed and the bottom of the fifth wheeler. Any help where to start would be great.

2021 Arctic Wolf
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Gasser
RRSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:50 PM   #44

Don’t forget to load the trailer as if you’re traveling. Then try hooking up, I have a toy hauler and put a1500 lb bike in the back. It plays a little difference with your pin weight and your angle of ride. Nose high or nose low looks like he’ll going down the road.
7mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:15 PM   #45

It stays mostly loaded. At this point I thinking I am going to need to be in the top holes on the hitch to make up for the deeper box. Just have to put it in and see what needs adjusted. I have a Puma 295BHSSOK which is 34 foot long. Thanks for the info.

2021 Arctic Wolf
Old 03-31-2020, 04:59 AM   #46

7Mike,
Have you measured the height of your hitch in the bed of the truck? If I didn't have the Sidewinder already, I would look in to a different option.

2021 Arctic Wolf

Tags
fifth wheel, hitch, wheel