Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2016, 04:35 AM   #1

fifth wheel length, etc

I know that the question of length has been brought up many, many times and it seems that there is no true answer but...I am looking more for a comparison, maybe.

I currently have a 35' TT and I know how long my combo is (2004 RAM 3500 Quad cab) If I look at a similar size fifth wheel how much does that (if any) change my overall length of combo?

We will be slightly downsizing, for a number of reasons, and will probably go with a fifth wheel. Just curious how they measure out after hookup to the TV.

Thoughts?

2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 (Sterling) Auto w/built trans, 4X4 Quad Cab 5.9L Cummins
mikemc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #2

If you compare a 35' TT to a 35' fifth wheel just depends a little on truck bed length but about 5 feet hangs (+/-) is over the truck bed making the fifth wheel overall shorter behind the truck. ............ Inside you will gain a little space with the 5th wheel as you don't loose space with a tongue.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, wheel