Old 03-27-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
Firestone Airbags on 2015 GMC/Chev 2500HD

Decided to add airbags to level out the truck (NOT to increase payload, that's not what they do).

I looked at Air Lift 5000 and Firestone Ride Rite. I like the beefier components (ie brass fittings, not plastic) of the Firestones. But the biggest reason I chose Firestone has to do with the installation instructions when there is an underbed gooseneck hitch already installed.

The Air Lift requires you to abandon their truck frame U-Bolts and instead drill into the frame for a couple of screws. The Firestone's brackets are designed different and fit into the space between the frame and the underbed hitch casing. Further, the Firestone uses the already existing holes from the removal of the GMC jounce bumper. Looks cleaner, much easier install and stronger to me.

To see the complete install suggest viewing the eTrailer video at this link: Ride Rite Model No. 2528 Install on 2015 GMC/Chev 2500HD with bed hitch.

The best got even better when I found that has them onsale for 20% off (code is 20OFF99) with no tax and free shipping. Basically, got them to my door for $369. I'll add a compressor later.

2016 Wildcat 295RSX - 2015 GMC 2500HD DblCab Duramax/Allison 4x4 Z71 6.6' Bed
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover
Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball
LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote
6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard
Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
I have the Firestone on my F350 and love them, they will help on leveling and helps keep from beating you to death while driving.

Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
I have had Firestone Air Bags on my last 2 F250's and really like them.

I did decide to add a compressor to this truck, I did a fair amount of research and decided to add the Airlift system and have been happy with it.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
If you are moderately mechanically minded with some decent tools you can do this job in 2 hrs. I installed on my truck and they do work very well. The rubber is very thick and durable. Do one side at a time. Once I got the first side done the other went 2x faster. Remember this will add approx 30 lbs to your axle.....the brackets and hardware are heavy and durable. Good luck!
2014 Windjammer 3025W Diamond 34.5 ft 8300 lbs.
2010 F150 SC XLT 4x4 5.4L, 3.55 gears 20" rims
12 k Equalizer WDH, Firestone Airbags, HD Bilsteins
Zolin is offline   Reply With Quote

500, airbags