Old 05-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #1

Firestone ride-rite and pull-rite slider

THE TRUCK:
I have a 2010 Tundra DC with the 5.7l and towing package. Other wise I'm stock.
THE LOAD:
I'm towing a Forrest River Falstaff fiver that puts me right at the top of the pin loading envelope on the Tundra. Though the truck really does not squat, and pulls the trailer very well, I've notice that the rubber bumpers have come in contact with the chassis occasionally. Also, on rare occasions the trailer will pound on really rough / wavy roads.

THE PROBLEM:
After doing a good deal of digging on this forum and the Tundra forum. I' think I want to add Firestone ride-rights. I like the versatility they offer.
But, here is the rub! - (pun intended.) Since my bed is 6.5', on advice of various sources , I decided to go with a Pull Rite 16K slider. Love it by the way!
I've done some searches on this forum and on the Tundra forum to see if any body has used this pull-rite slider and the ride-rite together on this truck. Several threads seem to hint at it but nothing concrete that I can find.

I checked the Firestone suite and downloaded the installation manual for the MN 2445. The 2445 is recommended on the Firestone suite as the no drilling needed kit for this truck.

However, the install manual schematics do not look like my suspension.

THE PLEA:
Has any one had / solved this this installation?

Any info will be greatly appreciated !

Old 05-29-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Villa Estate 392FLFB

unless you are a member of tundra talk, you cannot see what you have linked. (ex me lol)

Old 05-31-2011, 11:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIAPHUS View Post
THE TRUCK:
THE LOAD:
I'm towing a Forrest River Falstaff fiver that puts me right at the top of the pin loading envelope on the Tundra. Though the truck really does not squat, and pulls the trailer very well, I've notice that the rubber bumpers have come in contact with the chassis occasionally. Also, on rare occasions the trailer will pound on really rough / wavy roads.

THE PROBLEM:
After doing a good deal of digging on this forum and the Tundra forum. I' think I want to add Firestone ride-rights. I like the versatility they offer.
But, here is the rub! - (pun intended.) Since my bed is 6.5', on advice of various sources , I decided to go with a Pull Rite 16K slider. Love it by the way!
I've done some searches on this forum and on the Tundra forum to see if any body has used this pull-rite slider and the ride-rite together on this truck. Several threads seem to hint at it but nothing concrete that I can find.

I checked the Firestone suite and downloaded the installation manual for the MN 2445. The 2445 is recommended on the Firestone suite as the no drilling needed kit for this truck.

THE PLEA:

I don't know about the Tundra, but I have the Firestone Ride-Rites on my F250 and have a Valley 16K slider. The Ride-Rites made all the difference in the world in how my truck drives with the camper hooked up. As for installation, call me a sissy but I let the dealer install them.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIAPHUS View Post
THE TRUCK:
THE LOAD:

THE PROBLEM:

THE PLEA:

I have the same truck, 2010 Tundra DC with 5.7i and tow package. I am pulling a Rockwood 8280WS that also puts me right at the payload limits of the Tundra. I have a Reese 16K non-slider hitch but I don't really see where the hitch would make a difference in the airbags installed. I installed the Firestone airbags, Model 2445. I don't do a lot of work on my own vehicle but I did install the air bags myself. It took me a couple of hours and there is no drilling required. They bolt on through existing holes in the frame. I will say that I installed the airbags before I went to pick up the trailer and the hitch was installed by RVW when I picked up the camper.