Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #21

I did tow with TH, and I used cruse. Dont know If that is the perfered method.
sfctanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASPEDDLER View Post
Is 38k MSRP?
No.... MSRP ... would be...$40,509.48... Z plan pricing is.. $38 k..(Ford Retiree) then add rebates 4 k to 5 k..of course you would have taxes..title ..plates etc...
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #23

I tested the online 'build' feature here in Canada using my own address, then did it again using a Montana address.

The "Max Payload' or 'HD Payload' feature was NOT automatically included when the Max Tow package was selected on either of the builds. In Canada, the total payload capacity did change when the Max Tow package was selected, and it changed again when I selected the 3.73 locking rear diff as well, which I suppose should be expected.

The other detail that became apparent when I ordered was that the features and options packages also differed between my online build using the Canadian Ford website and when we were sitting at the Order desk at my local Ford Dealer.

All I can say for sure is that you need to be VERY careful if you build your own truck at the dealership. Have a list handy and check every detail several times over before submitting the order. It took me quite a while to exactly match my selections from the Canadian website to the dealer online system.

Assume nothing, check everything!
2 kids, one dog (a Golden)
Let's go camping!
Triathletedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathletedave View Post
I tested the online 'build' feature here in Canada using my own address, then did it again using a Montana address.

The "Max Payload' or 'HD Payload' feature was NOT automatically included when the Max Tow package was selected on either of the builds. In Canada, the total payload capacity did change when the Max Tow package was selected, and it changed again when I selected the 3.73 locking rear diff as well, which I suppose should be expected.

The other detail that became apparent when I ordered was that the features and options packages also differed between my online build using the Canadian Ford website and when we were sitting at the Order desk at my local Ford Dealer.

All I can say for sure is that you need to be VERY careful if you build your own truck at the dealership. Have a list handy and check every detail several times over before submitting the order. It took me quite a while to exactly match my selections from the Canadian website to the dealer online system.

Assume nothing, check everything!
You are correct !! For my "build " It would require the 3.73 limited slip rear end... a supercab XLT... would require a 8 ft box ...Supercrew with a 6 1/2 box ..would get the heavy duty payload pakg... many people are confusing the MAX TOW PKG..With..the HEAVY DUTY PAYLOAD PKG...they are 2 seperate options !!!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretired View Post
Its both...Heavy duty payload pkg...and....Max towing pkg
correction..... Theses are 2 seperate options MAX TOWING PACKAGE ..and HEAVY DUTY PAYLOAD PACKAGE... wheelbase
Old 04-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
I could be wrong...But I thought that the Max Tow package included the Max Payload options too. 2,000 lb payload sounds like it has the max payload option to me.

At least when I custom built my truck there was not a seperate option for Max payload.

Does anyone know for sure ?

Bean
It would be the HEAVY DUTY PAYLOAD OPTION ..along with.MAX TOWING OPTION that would give you the most...