Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2015, 12:47 AM   #41

I have a lowered truck on air bags....it looks way cool....

I have a lifted truck with bags, it looks way cool....(works with tt just fine)

I wanted a new 5er TH .........neither truck looked cool hooked up....ended up with a new dually....

moral of story...don't slam or jack your rig if you wanna tow a 5er.(or buy a 4x4 3/4 or 1 ton...they are HUGE these days).......LOL......funny how tall a 4x4 F350 is but the dually of same flavor is shorter...LOL

and just as as a side note, the bds lift on my f250 is covered by the factory plus 5/60k mile warranty...I had a drive line issue (vibration) ford says it was because of lift, and zone/bds paid for all of it.(alignment /shaft balance),...in the end it was the dang BMF wheel!!

ironically BMF the wheel company didn't pay for JACK CRAP on a 500$ a piece set of wheels that I did nothing to but drive on??

i thought about lowering the rear via the air bags, but it messes up the aiming of my headlights, and since i have swapped to HID the beams are very focused and directional and don't fare well with being messed with....

Not to mention i am sure ANY on coming driver would hate me......despise me....and i don't want that either.....
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:06 PM   #42
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Op....if you are only 3" higher in the front than at the rear of your trailer, then each is roughly about 1 1/2" higher or lower than level on the datum plane. Honestly once you move to where the axles are at on your 5er, i bet there is less than 1/2" to 3/4" difference from the front spring hanger to the rear, which shouldnt be enough to cause any problem. The equilizer will easily compensate that....thats what it is there for.

But since you want a perfectly level camper, i would have to agree with OC on the shackles. A 1" drop shackle would put you close to level, probably 1"higher in front than rear, but over 30'+.....would be very hard to tell, or honestly even to find a chunk of road perfect enough to measure any more accurately than that without shooting the grade. And definantly should be well within specs (but i bet you are within specs as it is).
Good luck!
I would get these and just experiment. These go from stock to 5" lower even tho they only advertise 2".
DJM Suspension SH2601-2 Leaf Spring Shackles and Hangers | Auto Parts Warehouse
Old 03-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Op....if you are only 3" higher in the front than at the rear of your trailer, then each is roughly about 1 1/2" higher or lower than level on the datum plane. Honestly once you move to where the axles are at on your 5er, i bet there is less than 1/2" to 3/4" difference from the front spring hanger to the rear, which shouldnt be enough to cause any problem. The equilizer will easily compensate that....thats what it is there for.

But since you want a perfectly level camper, i would have to agree with OC on the shackles. A 1" drop shackle would put you close to level, probably 1"higher in front than rear, but over 30'+.....would be very hard to tell, or honestly even to find a chunk of road perfect enough to measure any more accurately than that without shooting the grade. And definantly should be well within specs (but i bet you are within specs as it is).
Good luck!
Hello Miller Time, good point, didn't think of measuring difference at axles.

The tows / handles fine now I was just concerned about abnormal tire wear on fiver, and height clearances found in some places.

2009- 42 days; 2010-40 days, 2011- 40 days. 2012- 30 days,
2013- 14 days, 2014- 21 days, 2015- 42 days
2016-17 days, 2017-zero days
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote