Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #21
7 Year Class A RV'er

We tow a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited. I bought it used with only 5,000 miles on it for $30K and absolutely love it. Figure an additional $3,000 or so for everything you need to tow it. I use the Blue Ox base plate and Aventa tow bar with the Kar Gard II for protection of the vehicle. Braking is the Invisibrake system. Been towing it now for two years and 18,000 miles. I keep my speeds to 65 mph and have had no issues. Super easy to hook and unhook - takes about five minutes max. To tow, no fuses to pull, etc. The steering is not locked, so just put the transfer case in neutral, shove the transmission into park and let off the parking brake. Just my opinion and I'm sure there are lots of other good toads out there, but there's a reason you see so many Jeeps as toads.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:08 AM   #22

Tow Honda Fit

I too have 2401W, tow 2017 manual Honda Fit, 4 down using Blue Ox tow bar and brake system. Very easy set up and does great. I found the FIT has much more room for such a small car, seats comfortable for taller guy, and a great toad.
TNSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNSolera View Post
I too have 2401W, tow 2017 manual Honda Fit, 4 down using Blue Ox tow bar and brake system. Very easy set up and does great. I found the FIT has much more room for such a small car, seats comfortable for taller guy, and a great toad.

Thank you! Dan
Dan n Gerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
We tow a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited. I bought it used with only 5,000 miles on it for $30K and absolutely love it. Figure an additional $3,000 or so for everything you need to tow it. I use the Blue Ox base plate and Aventa tow bar with the Kar Gard II for protection of the vehicle. Braking is the Invisibrake system. Been towing it now for two years and 18,000 miles. I keep my speeds to 65 mph and have had no issues. Super easy to hook and unhook - takes about five minutes max. To tow, no fuses to pull, etc. The steering is not locked, so just put the transfer case in neutral, shove the transmission into park and let off the parking brake. Just my opinion and I'm sure there are lots of other good toads out there, but there's a reason you see so many Jeeps as toads.

Thank you! Dan
Old 05-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #25
Back to RVing again

Flat Towing

For what it's worth:
We bought a 2016 Honda Fit 6-speed standard shift. We wanted a light vehicle and looked at all the options before deciding on the Fit. The best part for us is that the back seats fold up and our Bernese Mountain dog has an easy time stepping in and out of it. But i have to say that we haven't had our first camping trip with the toad yet. That's coming up in a week or so.

Kevin
Kevin and Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Bev View Post
For what it's worth:
We bought a 2016 Honda Fit 6-speed standard shift. We wanted a light vehicle and looked at all the options before deciding on the Fit. The best part for us is that the back seats fold up and our Bernese Mountain dog has an easy time stepping in and out of it. But i have to say that we haven't had our first camping trip with the toad yet. That's coming up in a week or so.

Kevin

Thanks! Sent a text to our local Honda Dealer after reading your post! The prices appear great as well! Dan
Old 05-07-2017, 05:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamqcp View Post
We flat tow a Fiat 500C POP 5 Speed Manual with out MBS Prism with great success. Don't know its there at all. (Just don't try to back up )

It's a convertible so lots of summer fun. Just the two of us so lots of up front room. Back seat is a bit crammed, but not a problem for us. Happy summer travels
We're also flat towing a Fiat 500 Pop with our Coachmen FS240 motorhome, Ford 450 chassis, using a RoadMaster baseplate and Falcon 2 tow bar. It tows beautifully and we can't even tell it's back there. It tows with the ignition off and doesn't record miles on the odometer. The Falcon tow bar is super easy to connect/disconnect to the baseplate, folds up and is easily stored on the motorhome hitch. The Fiat is the perfect tow vehicle for us.
mcain49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing