Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
Did you hear the tranny banging ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Not the tranny.

The driveshaft.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I guess it proves that it was done "safely" if you say it was.

It doesnt impress me at all. What would impress me is to see him come down the 12% grade at 45 mph and make an emergency stop.

That could be scary no matter what the tv is

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 01-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #113

Quote:
I guess it proves that it was done "safely" if you say it was.

It doesnt impress me at all. What would impress me is to see him come down the 12% grade at 45 mph and make an emergency stop.
I am not going to say it is a good idea to pull 15K with an F150 Ecoboost, but he did come back down the hill using the engine braking in tow/haul mode.

https://youtu.be/2LE25MK2Rhw
Old 01-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #114

The only difference between an F150 and a SD Ford is the P rated tires on the F150. Springs might be a little softer for ride, the frame is a little thinner to save weight and the drive train is lighter duty to save mpg. It's also cheaper than a 3/4 - 1 ton, so looks like he's good to go. I can see why lots of guys tow over weight with their F150s. It's really just a rebadged SD with a couple changes.
I think Tundras are similar. That's why Toyota never made a 3/4 ton truck. They already have one.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:22 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
The only difference between an F150 and a SD Ford is the P rated tires on the F150. Springs might be a little softer for ride, the frame is a little thinner to save weight and the drive train is lighter duty to save mpg. It's also cheaper than a 3/4 - 1 ton, so looks like he's good to go. I can see why lots of guys tow over weight with their F150s. It's really just a rebadged SD with a couple changes.
I think Tundras are similar. That's why Toyota never made a 3/4 ton truck. They already have one.

I think that's the best thing I have ever heard.

I nearly spat my coffee all over the keyboard.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 01-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #116
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
X2! Just a few changes like a thinner frame...

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
I am not going to say it is a good idea to pull 15K with an F150 Ecoboost, but he did come back down the hill using the engine braking in tow/haul mode.

https://youtu.be/2LE25MK2Rhw

Up, down, 15000, 20000 ?????

I still do not see what the point is. Lets take a perfectly good truck and just abuse the living crap out of it? Either this guy is just an idiot or he is an entitled brat and has no idea what a truck like that costs or costs to repair and maintain. Maybe daddy bought it for him.

I'm not a Ford basher either.

So what. He went up and down towing something about 30% over rated capacity. I'd bet i could pull a 18500lb trailer with the 2015 GMC in my signature, and a 12600lb trailer with the F150 in my signature, up and down that same 20% grade. Those would be both 30% over the rated capacity of each truck. I can't figure out for the life of me why I would want to and what it would prove.

Maybe I just have better things to do with money than make bragging rights videos for Youtube by taking chances of breaking something expensive, on a perfectly good pickup truck.

Quote:

That's a good one. I don't know why they even manufacture SD's
Old 01-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Thanks, I was hoping someone would find the humor in it.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:31 PM   #119

Quote:
Up, down, 15000, 20000 ?????

I still do not see what the point is. Lets take a perfectly good truck and just abuse the living crap out of it? Either this guy is just an idiot or he is an entitled brat and has no idea what a truck like that costs or costs to repair and maintain. Maybe daddy bought it for him.

I'm not a Ford basher either.

So what. He went up and down towing something about 30% over rated capacity. I'd bet i could pull a 18500lb trailer with the 2015 GMC in my signature, and a 12600lb trailer with the F150 in my signature, up and down that same 20% grade. Those would be both 30% over the rated capacity of each truck. I can't figure out for the life of me why I would want to and what it would prove.

Maybe I just have better things to do with money than make bragging rights videos for Youtube by taking chances of breaking something expensive, on a perfectly good pickup truck.
Again, I am in no way trying to justify what (or even why they would) the guys in this video did. I don't know what they are trying to prove either. But, I cannot believe it is beyond you to know that people overload their vehicles. There are a lot (and probably the majority) of people in this world that don't have the luxury of having the proper vehicle for what they are trying to do each and every day. I am sure you have seen thousands of people overloading their vehicles of every type, at least I have. Whether it is a king mattress with a dresser on top strapped to the roof of a Prius or helping move a friendís (way) overloaded trailer, it happens every day. In my experience the more rural, the more often. That doesn't make it the safe or right thing to do, but people do what they need to do to get by when they cannot afford a 1/2 ton, a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton truck.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #120
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Thanks, I was hoping someone would find the humor in it.
That was a good one!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford