Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 08:42 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Todouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
they sold alot of 6.0 Powerstrokes too, and look how that turned out

And they sold a lot of 6.4's after that and a sh*t ton of the 6.7 after all that. What's your point? People are still going to buy them.
__________________

__________________
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
davel1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Seaford, De
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
And they sold a lot of 6.4's after that and a sh*t ton of the 6.7 after all that. What's your point? People are still going to buy them.
I didn't mention the others for a reason. Each is better than the previous. My point with the 6.0 is, just because it's impressive when new, doesn't mean you won't be throwing money at it later. There are diesel shops out there that REFUSE to work on the 6.0. Is that true with any other engine? Some people have had great luck with the 6.0, and many will with the Ecoboost.
__________________

__________________
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:36 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
they sold alot of 6.0 Powerstrokes too, and look how that turned out

I knew a lot of people with 6.0 PSDs and they all had trouble and none of them minded telling you about it. I know people that have 3.5EBs and owned one personally. None have had any issues and, like others have stated, there are glowing reports on them- just start quizzing some owners in campgrounds. If you run the numbers you'll find that the EB produces no more power per cubic inch than the new diesels. Are they more complex- absolutely. But I don't see anyone dragging their camper around with a small block carbureted Chevy, so we all are continuously sacrificing simplicity for additional output and efficiency.
__________________
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:50 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Todouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 849
Ford 2.7eco 4x4

Look we all have our reasons to be brand loyal. I won't personally buy a gm product because they've burnt me numerous times. "Susie" won't buy a dodge product because of her experiences and "Bob" won't buy a ford cause of what they did to him. We all get it! I just see ford leading the way with these aluminum bodies and new ecoboost engines and I think it's great. Let's face it, with all the govt fuel regulation crap coming down the pike they have to innovate. I think the 3.5 ecoboost has been pretty damn good for ford, so why not tweek it a bit and squeeze some more out of it. Ram seems to be trying the eco diesel out. I don't see anything out of GM. They just put a new face on the same old truck. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. In the mean time they're gonna get left in the dust. Until we all see what happens long term with the new 2.7 ecoboost it's all pure speculation, not fact!
__________________
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
I do know from our plant tour that the Eco Boost in current state will not be in any Ford 3/4 or 1 ton trucks. The way they explained it is that the Eco Boost can't stand up to the "Heavy Duty Cycle" required by Fords Commericial customers. The Eco Boost specs on paper beat the specs of lot V8 currently being used. I know if wasn't towing so heavy I would probably own one with Eco Boost engine.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Besides the fuel dilution issue, the wot misfires, condensation..

The timing chain rattle/stretch is the biggest concern.
Customer pay is about $2500cdn.

I have seen it as new as 30k.

Just keep an ear out for the sound.
http://youtu.be/1S2_mwyeH2A

And the tsb.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=187147


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
davel1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Seaford, De
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Ram seems to be trying the eco diesel out. I don't see anything out of GM.
it will flop, as will any other 1/2 ton diesel. GM does make a diesel Colorado in case you weren't paying attention. Makes for a ridiculously expensive half ton with no more capability than any gas truck. The concept is great, just not cost effective to make or purchase.
__________________
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #58
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Look we all have our reasons to be brand loyal. I won't personally buy a gm product because they've burnt me numerous times. "Susie" won't buy a dodge product because of her experiences and "Bob" won't buy a ford cause of what they did to him. We all get it! I just see ford leading the way with these aluminum bodies and new ecoboost engines and I think it's great. Let's face it, with all the govt fuel regulation crap coming down the pike they have to innovate. I think the 3.5 ecoboost has been pretty damn good for ford, so why not tweek it a bit and squeeze some more out of it. Ram seems to be trying the eco diesel out. I don't see anything out of GM. They just put a new face on the same old truck. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. In the mean time they're gonna get left in the dust. Until we all see what happens long term with the new 2.7 ecoboost it's all pure speculation, not fact!
True, and that's what i was saying before. Im curious to see how the long term is for the new EB
And on the GM front, they switched to direct injection in 2014 on alot of the gas (truck) engines and they just came out with a diesel in the colorado/canyon that came out at the end of this past summer.
__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #59
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Wait till you get to pay for hav'n to have the truck cab jacked up off frame for engine work
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Taranwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,446
Or when you see your insurance rates for one if those new, aluminum bodied vehicles! Aluminum is way harder to fix in terms of crash damage, and the insurance rates bear that out. I know this because my wife bought a '14 Range Rover (aluminum body) and traded in her '09 (same model.) The insurance tripled in the '14 due to the aluminum. So your fuel savings due to the lighter weight will be eaten up by your higher insurance premiums. Yay Ford, yay aluminum.
__________________

__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 (mods being performed regularly)
2009 Salem LA 292fkds (gone)
Nights- ('12)23 ('13)23 ('14)15 ('15)31 ('16)27 ('17) 20
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ford

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.