Old 03-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

X2. Delete! Egr, I know people who have done only the egr delete,with coolent filter,and greatly extended life of there 6,0. However if the delete is done correctly,(removing cooler from under intake) you should also replace oil cooler,in same place,(under intake)
Around here, the correct repair (the above) plus studs,gauges,turbo clean and other misc. runs about 5500. Ours was done at 90000mi,along with some other upgrades,it is now well over 500 rwhp/ 750 ft.lbs and I would match it up against pretty much any other T V oh and 20+ mpg!!
And as txtman said REGULAR oil change is essential to extend injector life!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
Ours was done at 90000mi,along with some other upgrades,it is now well over 500 rwhp/ 750 ft.lbs and I would match it up against pretty much any other T V
Bring up to Milan driagway this summer, I will run ya I put down a slow 13.469 last time I was on the track. Hope to do better this year.

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #13
PPST OGCDG

I replace my EGR Cooler from BulletProofDiesel - Darn-Near Bullet Proof Diesel Products for your 6.0 and 6.4
Ford says use distilled water added to the antifreeze.
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

13.4 is great for a heavy trk,I'll look up Milan raceway,I've never ran it the RIGHT way,that would be fun to know,the real qm time.and I may take you up on that.however I don't think that's what our post question is about, I'm more referring to towing vs. a newer trk. On the other hand,I like the look of disbelieve, when these big trucks,whip much lighter and presumedly,quicker sports cars. What was you're speed @ 13.4?

A note to other 6.0 truckers,when my egr cooler was headed out, it did give some warning, a few weeks before it blew,I could occasionally hear a low humm, like a radiator leak,and was low on coolant,with no sign of leak, unfortunately,these symptoms mimicked head gasket failure . If possible, "bulletproof " you're 6.0 before a failure,then enjoy a long relationship with a great truck.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #15

Quote:
1What was you're speed @ 13.4?

98.99 if I can get the 60 down and the reaction, might pick up a few tenths, but my tires suck (stock pizza cutters)

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

All this discussion about egr delete,and other mods to TV's,makes me ask,with the mods to our TV,are we subject to tickets,fines, or worse, if we make a trip to California,and national parks in California? TV is 1 ton single r w, Am I subject to stop at emission test to enter cal. Or be stopped for testing,if hp or other officer sees a puff of black smoke?
Curious?
Old 03-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #17

Quote:
All this discussion about egr delete,and other mods to TV's,makes me ask,with the mods to our TV,are we subject to tickets,fines, or worse, if we make a trip to California,and national parks in California? TV is 1 ton single r w, Am I subject to stop at emission test to enter cal. Or be stopped for testing,if hp or other officer sees a puff of black smoke?
Curious?
my brother lives in san diego, and lived in vegas for 15 years. he has a dmax with all the stuff removed, he pulls around a 42ft raptor, never has he been stopped going into calif or driving around smoking like a freight train (big turbo and lots of fuel). I would say you are ok, since you have ohio plates

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 03-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #18

You can delete all that stuff and still be clear running . It all depends on who writes the tune. if they are good there should be no smoke mabey a haze at most. All the punks that are running around blowing smoke are the reason the EPA is cracking down on the diesel industry.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #19
PPST OGCDG

I was having trouble with my EGR Valve plugging up before I change the EGR valve, EGR cooler and Engine oil cooler.
I now add a couple OZs of diesel fuel treatment from Ford every time I fuel up.
Ford master tech told me to use the fuel Treatment.
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My truck does not roll smoke,but if I leave hard,without spooling,it does puff a small cloud,or if heavy throttle,yes a little haze,

I use oil additive,rev-ex, but not tried fuel additive,this truck does like summer blind fuel much better,so maybe I should use fuel add. In winter.
Thanks for the info on California,we want to see Yosemite, maybe next yr.,now I will be a little less afraid.