Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty3215 View Post
You can delete all that stuff and still be clear running . It all depends on who writes the tune. .
not unless you have a very large turbo that needs air to spool and yes it needs fuel to spin faster to spool.. their are very few 800plus HP trucks than do not smoke trying to lite the turbo (wastgated) not VGT

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
All this discussion about egr delete,and other mods to TV's,makes me ask,with the mods to our TV,are we subject to tickets,fines, or worse, if we make a trip to California,and national parks in California? TV is 1 ton single r w, Am I subject to stop at emission test to enter cal. Or be stopped for testing,if hp or other officer sees a puff of black smoke?
Curious?
I don't think you would have to stop at an emissions testing facility, but you would be subject to the EPA law's if they pulled you over for an inspection. Just as you are subject to any other federal/state law for that state.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
All this discussion about egr delete,and other mods to TV's,makes me ask,with the mods to our TV,are we subject to tickets,fines, or worse, if we make a trip to California,and national parks in California? TV is 1 ton single r w, Am I subject to stop at emission test to enter cal. Or be stopped for testing,if hp or other officer sees a puff of black smoke?
Curious?
It's one thing to blow smoke as you are stop light racing the mustang 5.0 vs towing a house behind your truck...cops know the difference to not want to waste their time with the RV guys blowing a little smoke!

Old 03-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post

I don't think you would have to stop at an emissions testing facility, but you would be subject to the EPA law's if they pulled you over for an inspection. Just as you are subject to any other federal/state law for that state.
Thanks! Makes sense.
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote