Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2019, 09:54 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo10-210 View Post
See post #2. The link is to the Ford Accessories website but Tasca will most likely have the best price. I buy most of my OEM parts from Tasca.
Wow that's a pricy camera
swampdonkey772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:14 PM   #22
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey772 View Post
Wow that's a pricy camera
I got just the camera, and not the TPMS. I only paid $300. But even the whole kit can be had cheaper. I might add the TPMS later, but the camera is what I was after initially.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:04 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
I got just the camera, and not the TPMS. I only paid $300. But even the whole kit can be had cheaper. I might add the TPMS later, but the camera is what I was after initially.
Where did you buy it through
Old 04-25-2019, 12:22 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin2004 View Post
The window sticker for the truck has option: CST TRLTPMS/CAM. It’s an xlt but I think they ordered it to be able to put the camera on it. But it doesn’t have the 360 cameras on it. I haven’t got the truck yet but I’m flying out to Washington on the 1st and going to drive it back to missouri.
I've heard Bo Beuckman Quality Ford is the place to buy from if you want a Ford. $12k to $15k off sticker price. And they're in Missouri.
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #25
TBarbs

I installed one on our 5th wheel and we are in our second season of use. Works good when backing into a parking spot. Edjunior’s info is spot on.
I ran the wires alone the I frame and up through the propane tank area into the storage area behind the tailgate. Fished the wire into the hitch and brought it out with the electrical wire. I used a high mount in the center in the back. When driving in rain or wet pavement the lens get dirty and down low that would, possibly, be worse than the high mount. How ever, it would be easy to wipe with a rag. The TPMS receiver I mounted on the metal below the propane tank and it works well there. Signal has never been a problem. Good Luck
Old 04-25-2019, 09:20 PM   #26
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Where did you buy it through
I got mine through a private sale on a Ford truck forum. A guy in Canada was selling it. I was a little worried about it, especially when it finally got here. The box was pretty beat up. But everything was there and it all works, so it was a deal for me. But this is the same thing from the Ford OEM parts site.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/tr...only-6450641-1

The description still talks about the TPMS, but this kit does not come with TPMS. If you want the whole kit and kaboodle, you need this one.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/tr...stem-6481461-1
Retired AF MSgt

Old 04-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #27
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarb View Post
I installed one on our 5th wheel and we are in our second season of use. Works good when backing into a parking spot. Edjunior’s info is spot on.
I ran the wires alone the I frame and up through the propane tank area into the storage area behind the tailgate. Fished the wire into the hitch and brought it out with the electrical wire. I used a high mount in the center in the back. When driving in rain or wet pavement the lens get dirty and down low that would, possibly, be worse than the high mount. How ever, it would be easy to wipe with a rag. The TPMS receiver I mounted on the metal below the propane tank and it works well there. Signal has never been a problem. Good Luck
I ran my wiring almost the exact same as you tbarb. Except I just ran it out the under the front storage compartment. I couldn't easily get through the hitch, and wasn't prepared yet to drill a big hole in my camper (which is why the camera is mounted where it is also!). It doesn't look quite as good, but it works well for me. I just need to clean up the wiring a bit, and get the 7/12 connector in the bed.
Retired AF MSgt

Old 04-25-2019, 09:36 PM   #28

Quote:
I got mine through a private sale on a Ford truck forum. A guy in Canada was selling it. I was a little worried about it, especially when it finally got here. The box was pretty beat up. But everything was there and it all works, so it was a deal for me. But this is the same thing from the Ford OEM parts site.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/tr...only-6450641-1

The description still talks about the TPMS, but this kit does not come with TPMS. If you want the whole kit and kaboodle, you need this one.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/tr...stem-6481461-1
When you talk about 7/12 what are you meaning. I installed a plug in my bed will i have to change that one out?
Old 04-25-2019, 09:39 PM   #29
Grammar Pedant

Can't view the camera while driving. That's a deal-killer. 90% of my Furrion camera's utility is while driving ... just brilliant being able to see back there for lane changes and such. I absolutely love my UTTC for the views when parking and backing up. But, I can't see paying so much money for a rear trailer camera that I can't use when driving. Pointless for me.

There's an expensive aftermarket system that will allow for it, but it's expensive and clunky. No thanks. For now, I'll stick to my Furrion.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:02 PM   #30
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
When you talk about 7/12 what are you meaning. I installed a plug in my bed will i have to change that one out?
If you currently have a 7/4 pin plug, or just a 7 pin plug in the bed, yes, you will need to change it to have the 7 pin for the trailer lights, and the 12 pin for the camera.
Retired AF MSgt

Old 04-26-2019, 06:54 AM   #31

I have the 2017 F250 and added the factory additional camera and TPMS to my 2017 Forest River Shockwave. I love it. Yes it works with sync 3 and shows right on your entertainment t screen.
You have to swap your 4 pin for the 11 pin the kit comes with but very easy to do.
The camera cable is wired so you do need to run it to the back of your trailer. I mounted mine on top looking down. Provides a great view while backing up.
I had the TPMS added to 4 trailer tires and should have bought the 6 vs the 4 and added the additional 2 to the truck and trailer spare.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
briannbutler78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:07 AM   #32

I will sure be checking on our new 2019 XLT to see if Ford can add the 2nd camera & TT TPMS !!! I believe where I see others have a camera button, we have a button to cancel Start Stop Technolage ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #33

Quote:

You will but it’s included in the kit I believe. Where you’ll run into trouble is if the wiring is long enough to reach the plug in the bed. That’s where the Nicholas welding linked earlier comes in. They make kits to put the plug in the bed. I’ve seen a few YouTube videos on there stuff and the kit in general.
dustin2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:52 PM   #34
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I will sure be checking on our new 2019 XLT to see if Ford can add the 2nd camera & TT TPMS !!! I believe where I see others have a camera button, we have a button to cancel Start Stop Technolage ???
Are you looking at a new truck now, or ordering one? If you get the Ultimate Trailer Tow package, it will be "ready" for the camera and TPMS. You can just get the dealer to add it, or if ordering the truck, make sure you add it to the build.

This is the Ultimate Trailer Tow package:

Click image for larger version

Name:	TowPkg.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	202960

Keep in mind, this is not the actual trailer camera, this is just the 360 degree cameras on the truck. But it gives the ability to add the "Customer Placed Camera" and TPMS kit.
Retired AF MSgt

Old 04-26-2019, 08:58 PM   #35
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin2004 View Post
You will but it’s included in the kit I believe. Where you’ll run into trouble is if the wiring is long enough to reach the plug in the bed. That’s where the Nicholas welding linked earlier comes in. They make kits to put the plug in the bed. I’ve seen a few YouTube videos on there stuff and the kit in general.
The plug that is included in the kit is meant to replace the 7/4 pin plug on the bumper of the truck. If you have the 7/4 in the bed, you should be able to replace it it with the one it the kit, but typically the in bed plug is just the 7 pin only. So the Nichols kit you refer to would be necessary. And it ain't cheap either, so be prepared to pay. But then again, nothing is cheap these days!
Retired AF MSgt

Old 04-27-2019, 07:11 AM   #36

Quote:
Are you looking at a new truck now, or ordering one? If you get the Ultimate Trailer Tow package, it will be "ready" for the camera and TPMS. You can just get the dealer to add it, or if ordering the truck, make sure you add it to the build.

This is the Ultimate Trailer Tow package:

Attachment 202960

Keep in mind, this is not the actual trailer camera, this is just the 360 degree cameras on the truck. But it gives the ability to add the "Customer Placed Camera" and TPMS kit.
No we already bought the F-150, no Ultimate Towing Package, we are ordering a little Flagstaff 25FBLS, dealer will be installing a Trailer Camera, I am calling my Ford Dealer Monday for a price to install Ford Break Controller, and I will be adding a EZ Tire M S on the Trailer !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, ford, tpms, trailer