Old 01-13-2015, 11:15 AM   #21

Ram offers them too now...

I use mine for audio upgrades, my radar detector, and a 20" Rigid light bar in my grill...

One other thing to remember, is Ford also includes 4 wire pass throughs in the fire wall. So, when you want to add an accessory to upfitters that's outside the cab, you don't have to fight fishing a wire through the firewall. On the cab side the pass through wires come out in the same area as the upfitters. On the engine side they are taped in half behind the brake booster.

PS: If the truck you want is on the lot and doesn't come with them, they are an easy add on. You need the switches and the relay. Sellers on eBay sell both parts as a kit.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #22

E450 upfitter switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
They are an option for $125 but yes you can get them.
That's good to know, but my concern is that we are planning to factory order a Sunseeker MH and don't know how we would order that option. I'm sure FR would just grab a Ford chassis from their inventory to build our unit on and would not include the upfitter switches, since I'm assuming that they would have had to come from the Ford factory that way. Does anyone know? BClemens...can you help?
Thanks

Old 01-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #23

Delete for being wrong...LOL...
Old 01-16-2015, 03:39 PM   #24

According to "Ford Idaho" on a previous post, they are available as a $125 option on the E450. Now I'm confused...anyone know for sure?
Old 01-16-2015, 04:04 PM   #25

You know what, I think he's right. Upon further research they go up where the coin holder is on the E450 dash.

I'm sorry for posting the wrong opinion earlier. Now to get FR to order one like that for you. If it's anything like the trucks, they are very easy to add after the fact if FR won't do it. The wiring harness' are the same and it's a plug and play install.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:15 PM   #26

Thanks "Taken", so the wiring harness that comes thru the firewall has the additional wires included and all you have to do is install the switches themselves and connect to the wiring harness stubs on both ends to power whatever you are using the switch to control? Is that right?
Old 01-16-2015, 04:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
Thanks "Taken", so the wiring harness that comes thru the firewall has the additional wires included and all you have to do is install the switches themselves and connect to the wiring harness stubs on both ends to power whatever you are using the switch to control? Is that right?
You will most likely need to make sure the fuse is correct for what ever you add to your unit.

10, 15, 20 amps

Be sure to read the install directions for the proper size.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
IF it's the same as the truck this is how it's done. The wiring harness will be taped up and back behind where the switches go. Finding it will be fun, but it's there. So, plug it into the switches and your done there. Then there is a relay that needs to be installed. It's sold separately from the switches. That will install down in the drivers side kick panel area. I haven't done it, but from what I've read, it's obvious where it bolts to. The fuses should already be installed. Each switch has a different fuse size. As for the pass through wires, they are a separate deal. They can be used to get switched power from the upfitter switches outside the cab. Here is a link to a recent post on the Ford forums where a member installed the switches on his truck. It should help. If it's beyond your level of expertise, I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge expense to have the dealer do it. Hope I helped...

adding upfitter switch on 2015 model not possible? - never mind, bad dealer info plug harder to find - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
Old 01-17-2015, 07:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickiedooFlagman View Post
I used my #4 to enable the high idle (1,200 RPM) similar to what you will find when the chassis is used for an ambulance setup. Facilitates warm up in cold weather, and air conditioning in hot weather.
I'm wondering how you set up the high idle. Is it something that was already built into the throttle linkage, or did you add it?

Thanks in advance.
2005 Chevy Express 3500
castlemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:13 PM   #30

Here is a link to how it's done with pictures on a Ford...

SEIC (High Idle) MOD PICTURES - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums