Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2015, 09:34 AM   #1

Forest River Vibe 308BH

Good morning. New to forum and more importantly new to RV'ing. Hubby and I are getting ready to purchase a 2016 Forest River Vibe 308BH. We also want to spend the extra money and purchase the ProPride P3 hitch. Anyone out there have any trouble installing this hitch with the front cap? Thanks in advance!
DGuidry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

I have a heritage glen 312qbud which is a similar model to yours and I have the Equal-i-zer 1400lbs hitch and I don't have any problems with the front cap....not sure if that helps you with the p3 hitch question or not.

but i think you will love the trailer
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:09 PM   #3

Forest River Vibe 308BH

DGuidry, were you able to hook up the propride 3p to your Vibe. I purchased the Vibe 308bhs a couple weeks ago and I am waiting delivery. I would like to use the propride but not sure if it will work. Thanks
Enc356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:01 PM   #4

I would suggest the Equalizer Hitch. Sure the ProPride is nice (and HUGE and Expensive) but it really will not provide any great feel than the Equalizer.... I've went to this hitch even though I probably don't need it purely do to the size of my new truck

By the way, I tow a 308BHS Vibe.

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #5

Thanks Ironcobra, how do you like the 308BHS, my wife and I are anxious to get ours even though we can't use it for a couple months. I do like the equalizer hitch from what I read. Have you experienced any sway on the highway, especially when tractor trailers pass? That's my greatest concern. With a car full of kids I wouldn't mind spending the extra money on the propride for the piece of mind. I read nothing but great reviews on that hitch set up but want to see if it will work on the Vibe. Sean from propride told me it will but he recommended using the straptek system on the sway bars.
Enc356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enc356 View Post
Thanks Ironcobra, how do you like the 308BHS, my wife and I are anxious to get ours even though we can't use it for a couple months. I do like the equalizer hitch from what I read. Have you experienced any sway on the highway, especially when tractor trailers pass? That's my greatest concern. With a car full of kids I wouldn't mind spending the extra money on the propride for the piece of mind. I read nothing but great reviews on that hitch set up but want to see if it will work on the Vibe. Sean from propride told me it will but he recommended using the straptek system on the sway bars.
No problem. I dont think you mentioned what your tow vehcile is. That has a little to do with comfort of towing a tt.

We love our Vibe 308bhs. Weve used it 4 times in the last 2 months and had a blast every time. you do have to understand that like all travel trailers and RV's available today there will be little things that you catch after the sale or during the pre delivery inspection. you will probably have to clean out the faucet filters as there will probably be small pieces of plastic shavings restrict some of the water flow. on the lower part of the cabinets above the sofa you will probably notice the lack of precision that was used when stapling the trim to the cabinet base. you will also probably notice that the screws holding the base of the dining room table are not very good.I suggest you back from out rotate the bottom re fasten them.other than those few things we really have no complaints enjoy using our vibe every time.

if you really want to improve the safety of your trailer and you have a few thousand dollars to spend, I would suggest upgrading to 16 inch wheels and installing E rated light truck tires. this will probably be the single most important safety feature you can add that will ensure you travel long distances with no concern.

As far as hitches go i strongly suggest the Equalizer 12k or 14k hitch assembly from etrailer.com. it will cost around $550 and will include the hitch ball and everything you need unlike some other websites.

as long as you take time to properly set it up following the instructions very carefully you should not experience any sway when trucks pass by or while lite to moderately windy out. it is designed very well has worked better than all the previous hitches I've ever used.

another great things about the equalizer hitch is that it fits perfectly on the front of the vibe

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:58 PM   #7

I have an extra set of the Strapteks that have the D rings instead of the hook. I was sent them and I kept them and put the ones with the hooks on the trailer. I currently have the D ring set on Ebay with a starting bid of $85, which is about half of what they are going for.
EYEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, vibe