Old 06-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #1

FR Surveyor SV305(1st model of 2011)-tongue weight

SV305 owners - have you experienced tongue weight issues utilizing the single outside storage bay at the front of the trailer, or do you share the load of stuff and put heavier items in the bunk room?

Thanks

Old 06-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #2

No issues to worry about, it's heavy, usually the outside storage (only one) is full to max! Need more room!
My tongue weight is like 900#'s full.

http://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlcljohnson View Post
SV305 owners - have you experienced tongue weight issues utilizing the single outside storage bay at the front of the trailer, or do you share the load of stuff and put heavier items in the bunk room?

Thanks
What kind of issues are you talking about? Too much? Too little? Overloading your truck?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #4

FR Surveyor SV305(1st model of 2011)-tongue weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
What kind of issues are you talking about? Too much? Too little? Overloading your truck?
I failed to list the issue we have experienced, which is too much tongue weight. It is the result of the only outside storage bay being located at the front of the trailer. It is so easy to put everything in the bay since it is available - but we have to make sure and take stuff out and put it in the trailer towards the back to even out the load. We also upgraded the hitch from the one the dealer installed to a ProPride 3P hitch, which added significantly more weight.

We were curious how other owner's of the SV305 model were dealing with the issue, presuming they had also experienced an increase in tongue weight.

Thank you
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #5

Hi,

Welcome to the FRF !

What do you tow this little (pun intended lol) trailer with ? Do you know what the tongue weight is , did you measure it ?

My trailer is a bit smaller than yours, but these being ultra light trailers or whatever they are called, they are not really heavy. The tongue weight of my trailer was around 650 Lbs fully loaded with all my stuff in the front storage compartment, unless you weighed it you might be dealing with some other weight related stuff maybe ?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Buddys View Post
No issues to worry about, it's heavy, usually the outside storage (only one) is full to max! Need more room!
My tongue weight is like 900#'s full.
really? on a trailer that weighs almost 8K empty? wow - that seams awful light.

For comparison, my trailer is the same basic footprint and my tongue weight is more like 1200 pounds.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomph View Post
Hi,

Welcome to the FRF !

What do you tow this little (pun intended lol) trailer with ? Do you know what the tongue weight is , did you measure it ?

My trailer is a bit smaller than yours, but these being ultra light trailers or whatever they are called, they are not really heavy. The tongue weight of my trailer was around 650 Lbs fully loaded with all my stuff in the front storage compartment, unless you weighed it you might be dealing with some other weight related stuff maybe ?
We tow the 35' SV305 TT with a '03 Ford F-250 Crew cab-6.8L V10 4.30 AR and 8' truck bed. The tongue weight of the TT is approx. 1,200 pounds now and was approx. 980 lb. in July '11. The TT weighs approx. 6,840 therefore the tongue weight is too high. We will not tow it though until we have removed everything from the outside bay and obtain the new tongue weight.

Thanks for your reply