Old 05-19-2015, 06:03 PM   #31
Maybe I've actually got it backwards and it wanted to charge more??????????????????????

2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #32
Clarification (from my experience): The Good Sam Club card for Pilot and Flying J usually gets a 3 cent discount and normally requires preapproval before pumping. However, the Good Sam Club Pilot/Flying J Credit Card gets us a 6 cent discount and lets us turn on the pump without preapproval. The only drawback, for some folks, is that the monthly bill must be paid in full.) Last fall, I did a 12,000 trip and got the discount on diesel every time. Sold the fiver in January and got a Class A gasser. We've already put on 5,000 miles, and I still got the 6 cent discount on gasoline. By the way, the "Next Exit" book labels stations (red lettering) with a separate island for gasoline designed just for RVs to allow extra room for maneuvering.

2015 GT 364TSF
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:51 PM   #33
I used a Pilot/Flying J RV card last summer on a 10.5K trip never had a problem.
2014 V-Cross Platinum 365VTSB
2002 Frontier 305S bumper pull
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 6.7 Cummins Automatic Trans. AFE aftermarket air filter, Curt 24k slider hitch
Texas Bohunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:03 AM   #34
I never take my camper in at truck stations, I have a 100 gal tank in truck bed and I fill up somewhere when I stop for the night. I use a credit card that gives me .05 percent cash back but it only works if you use it at the pump, so if diesel is $3.00 a gal then I save 15 cents a gal. Works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:41 AM   #35
Used the "truck" pumps from east coast to west (along I-10), from west coast to east (along I-80) plus a lot of small towns along the way. We used them east coast to visit The mid west as well. A majority of the places require you to walk in - not pay at the pump. FlyingJ/Pilot being the exception if you have their card. Be warned, some states cost more per gallon at these pumps; due to a higher tax rate on big rigs. Have fun out there and drive safe!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:54 AM   #36
Just for info; I was pulled over in East Grand Forks, Mn. for a fuel colour check. It took a couple of minutes and they stopped me, as well as others, in the fast lane to do it.

Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote

pump, truck