Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #41

I know the price difference, but with my 12,000 lb 5th wheel, could I even use a gas engine.
bbaker2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #42

Why on an RV forum is ROI even a thing ever discussed when it comes to Diesel engine? I never ever see anybody debate the return on investment for leather seats, but that option box is about the same dollar value as a diesel option. For lots it is a luxury that isn't needed, but neither are leather seats. If you want it and can afford it, why not? I would rather have cloth seats and a diesel then leather seats and a gas job. That is just me though.
End rant.
Kevinwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinwak View Post
Why on an RV forum is ROI even a thing ever discussed when it comes to Diesel engine? I never ever see anybody debate the return on investment for leather seats, but that option box is about the same dollar value as a diesel option. For lots it is a luxury that isn't needed, but neither are leather seats. If you want it and can afford it, why not? I would rather have cloth seats and a diesel then leather seats and a gas job. That is just me though.
End rant.
No, it's not just you. I buy XLT in order to have the cloth seats. I live in the south and wear shorts most of the year. That leather gets HOT on bear legs. I do enjoy the diesel and that is why the SUV sits in the garage and the F250 is my daily driver. I am thankful for the 6.7 every time the 5er is hooked as well, mostly for the comfort level. For me, a lot more comfort (and safety) comes with the diesel than ever could with leather seats and such.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:13 PM   #44

Quote:
End rant.
LOL So True!!!
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #45

Quote:
End rant.
+1

The best part of owning a diesel is that once you take ownership, getting a new, bigger, fancier RV almost always happens next.

My owning a 6.7L diesel is a want and not a need. My truck makes me smile, all the time.

bruce...
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:47 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaker2001 View Post
I know the price difference, but with my 12,000 lb 5th wheel, could I even use a gas engine.
Not if you want to have a crappy tow. Lol. My partner has a 1 ton chevy 3500 long wheelbase van and he and I use to rotate towing our racing trailer. I got tired of the slow tow, inability to use cruise, fighting the wheel while passing semis, ect. Now we use my 3500 diesel all the time. Our racing trailer is only 10k as well.

Quote:
End rant.
No joke.... Especially if you get your diesel for 9k under invoice. I scored my 2016 for commercial invoice. I buy what I want and enjoy it while using it. I never worry about ROI on my trucks, just reliability, comfort, and ability to tow, ect.
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, gas