Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduncan View Post
Thanks everyone for the help. I will be looking for a one ton SRW tomorrow. Looks like a dealership in Illinois has very good deals on autotrader. May have to take a road trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
On your way check these guys out they have about 150 F350 in stock - 162 F250 - get this they have 610 F150 in stock...

Woodhouse Ford Inc. | Ford Dealership in Blair NE

SORRY I SEE YOU LOOKING FOR GMC BUT YOU CAN COMPARE ATLEAST
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #42

I bought a 2015 chevy 3500,and we pickup are new to us 2011 cedar creek custom 36 I love the built in exhaust brake and ablitity to gear down even more which makes the brake work even harder for you. also the built in trailer brake is a another plus, and yes i would get the 3500 and feel safe if you choose to go bigger plenty of power with the duramax diesel

im a truck driver for a living and I have a cummings in my peterbuilt truck and dont want to listen too that level of noise in my personal vechile ,3500 gives you a much more solid ride where you feel your truck and the road larger drive shaft and bigger brakes cheaper to me is not always better i cheaped out on our firrst trailer and paid the price of trading and losing value to get a better trailer . My advice to you is get the truck that feels good to you with good power and braking applications happy trails to you
buckaroo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #43

I bought a 2015 chevy 3500,and we pickup are new to us 2011 cedar creek custom 36 I love the built in exhaust brake and ablitity to gear down even more which makes the brake work even harder for you. also the built in trailer brake is a another plus, and yes i would get the 3500 and feel safe if you choose to go bigger plenty of power with the duramax diesel Chev Gm also have the hillstop feature which when your foot is off the brake when trying to pull to from a stop up hill it holds your truck in place so youcan pull without sliding back down until you really get accererating. I cant beleive how quiet the new duramax engine is, also when Im off the warranty I will install the bullydog which gives you better fuel economy and chip for extra power.

im a truck driver for a living and I have a cummings in my peterbuilt truck and dont want to listen too that level of noise in my personal vechile ,3500 gives you a much more solid ride where you feel your truck and the road larger drive shaft and bigger brakes cheaper to me is not always better i cheaped out on our firrst trailer and paid the price of trading and losing value to get a better trailer . My advice to you is get the truck that feels good to you with good power and braking applications happy trails to you
buckaroo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #44

Just traded 2012 2500 Silverado LTZ CC/SB 4x4 duramax for 2015 3500 Silverado LTZ CC/SB 4x4 SRW.
2500 had 10,000 gvwr, but @ cat scales, already weighed 8100 alone. Pin weight of 2300 put us over with driver and passenger.
The 3500 gave us the cushion we needed, and our first trip(just set up!)
showed a better ride, and no chucking! Have to see if it's the truck, or the way we loaded!
Only complaint: truck had been "leveled", and squatted when we hooked up. We'll live with that, or lower the front back to factory.
Very satisfied!!!
Thanks Ependad!!!
D-maxx dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3500, 500, diesel