Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 03:10 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Not to mention, as a daily driver, I want adaptive cruise control, which can't be found on the GM HD line.
You have to get it on the 2020. Not available in the 2019 model. One of the main reasons I didn't buy a GM pickup truck when I bought back in 2018 model year.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #82

Quote:
... Not to mention, as a daily driver, I want adaptive cruise control, ...
Have you tried it?
My wife hates it. My mother-in-law likes it. I have mixed feelings...the system lagged when traffic sped up (big minus) but it does keep a safe distance at all times from the vehicle in front of me very well. I find myself using it as 'safety net'...its on but I'm overriding it with my right foot when needed.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
Have you tried it?
My wife hates it. My mother-in-law likes it. I have mixed feelings...the system lagged when traffic sped up (big minus) but it does keep a safe distance at all times from the vehicle in front of me very well. I find myself using it as 'safety net'...its on but I'm overriding it with my right foot when needed.
I am kinda biased since I worked on the adaptive control system while I was a design engineer at GM. I always said my next new truck would have it. Of course when I went to order a truck in 2018, GM didn't offer it on any of its pickup so I went with the Ford. Its the best option I have on my truck. Best thing for towing since it really lessens fatigue. I can't imagine having a truck without it.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:49 PM   #84

Quote:
so an HD is just more truck than I need and it will never ride as nice as a 1500.
Well, maybe. I changed out the stock Rancho shocks on my 2500 with a set of Bilsteins. I dropped the back with a set of 2" McGaughy's drop shackles to take out the cat in heat rake. I installed a set of 1500 lb SumoSprings urethane cellular foam supports in place of the axle bump stops, front and raar, which offers air bag quality ride, and I inflate the tires in accordance with the tire maker load pressure chart based on the actual axle weight and the ride is pretty darn close to the ride of a 1500.

Even with the back end drop, with over a ton of material in the back end it just starts getting to a level stance. And the Sumo's really provide a quality ride while offering a lot of support.

If one wants to get an ear full, stop in at a major truck stop and talk with company drivers who have adaptive cruise on their semi trucks. You will learn the latest swear words.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
I am kinda biased since I worked on the adaptive control system while I was a design engineer at GM. I always said my next new truck would have it. Of course when I went to order a truck in 2018, GM didn't offer it on any of its pickup so I went with the Ford. Its the best option I have on my truck. Best thing for towing since it really lessens fatigue. I can't imagine having a truck without it.
I'm glad you like it and I think it a good feature for some.

Everyone is different (I mean no slight) but I just don't find towing all that taxing. For the vast majority of the time behind the wheel I really like the journey.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #86
Site Team

What part about "we take the be nice rule VERY seriously" don't you understand?
Thread closed.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
Old 09-23-2019, 01:44 AM   #87
Site Team

Many posts that were against the site guidelines have been deleted.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
lite