Old 01-31-2012, 12:48 AM   #21

Ah the great ford/gm controversy. I bought an ecoboost. Hope it gets good gas mileage. Hope its not a lemon. If I had bought a gm, those would be my same questions. The 6.2 gm is a good engine. The ones I tried and my friends that have them get really good gas mileage. The 6.0 gm, well thats a different story. Lots of power at high revs. Lots of stopping at gas stations.

To the original question about gm's answer to ecoboost. I heard that a new design is coming for 2013. A half-ton diesel would be nice. Here's a thought, at what point does the half ton become too powerful of a tow vehicle that it becomes unsafe? How fast do we need to go? I'm at a point where the power is pretty decent, but I don't want to settle for "I hope I get good gas mileage". I want fantastic gas mileage.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
Ecoboost is just marketing. It's just a small engine with a turbo. And When its all said and done, if you put a turbo in a small engine expecting it to be a big engine and drive it like a big engine your just wasting money and gas.
Better do some more research! more than just two turbos on a V-6. read up on how the pistons and heads are designed along with the induction and fuel system. the EB is here and the others need to do some catch up.....soon!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
Pretty much any motor they had in the 80's, Then in the 90's their 5.0L and 4.6L were crap and later their Triton 5.4L & their V-10's and their later diesels. When it comes to ford motors their are just too many LOL
5.0L junk?!!! now your just scratching for something. move on. GM`s are junk always have been and always will be! trust me I know and have seen them!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #24

Not sure if the 5.0 was a piece of junk as far as quality, but it didn't put out the power you would have expected from that size (thanks EPA). Remember the nickname 5.slow? But with the right mods, and there are a lot out there, you could get something that would tear down a stip. Ford has proven the ecoboost by torturing it for 170,000 miles with better than acceptable wear. Since it has that low end torque, you don't have to get high revs to get power out of it. Engines are more likely to blow from high revs than high resistance. That is saved for the trany. Not sure or not if it is the same trans that is hooked up to the 6.2 or not, but I would worry about that more.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #25

The 4.6 and 5.4 were underpowered boat anchors that couldnt hold their sparkplugs in. The 6L and 6.4L diesels, which were unreliable at the best of times. Im gonna give the eco boost at least 5 years of reliability before I call it a decent engine. Its Ford, cant expect much from them.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #26

That's it... I'm buying a domestic truck...... Toyota. Lol!!!

Jason and Billie
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, QC/SB 5.9L Cummins
15k non-sliding Hidden Hitch (they lied, it's not hidden at all)
2011 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #27

Tundras are good... if you have a 20 ft trailer. BTW, F150s are assembled in Detroit. How about this. When will Ford come out with an Super Duty Expedition? Ya I know that the Excursion was a flop, but that could have been from the afore mentioned engines. Chevy has the HD Suburban. Big families have big trailers and can't fit in a truck.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #28

I am astounded at the amount of mis-information ill-informed posts/people there are here!

What a shame!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #29

In the '90s, the anti-freeze used in GM's had a tendency to eat up engine gaskets. Seems like the anti-freeze in my 98 truck was starting to dissappear before I traded it in. Hope the problem was cured by the time I bought my'06. Wayne
Old 01-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #30

My HD was assembled in US as well.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote