Old 03-15-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Goose neck or 5th wheel hitch

I'm getting a new 38 QB Sanibel, new. I have a new Ford F 350 crew 8' bed. I was talking to an installer and he suggested going with a goose-neck instead of a 5th wheel hitch. I've towed 5'vers before with a 5th wheel hitch. He said the goose-neck comes with an air ride in it and would remove a lot of the chucking. To put an air ride 5th wheel pin box and a hitch would be a lot more money. Plus with the goose-neck, all I will have to remove is the ball instead of a 200 lb. hitch in my truck. There would be no rais and all I have to do is turn the ball over and slide it in.
Your thoughts and does anyone have pro or cons over towing a 5'ver with a goose-neck.
thanks Bob, Oh trailer is about 14,000 and the tongue is 2,300.
Bob and Deb
Diesel, the black lab
2015 F350 6.7 diesel 4x4
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel, hitch, wheel