Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #1

Gray Wolf 28BH pulled by Chevy Crew Cab

I have a 2008 Chevy crew cab with the 5.3 and trailering pkg. I have pulled a 4000# Trail Sport with my Honda 300 4-wheeler in the bed of the truck to my hunting lease 6hrs away on relatively flat ground with NO problem. I would expect you to be able to pull your camper anywhere you wanted to go and probably as fast as you want without any issues. I'm looking at buying a Gray Wolf 28BH with an advertised UVW of 5300#, so if anybody has any experience with that set up or something similar I would appreciate hearing from you.
bayoubuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Moved from another thread.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubuggie View Post
I have a 2008 Chevy crew cab with the 5.3 and trailering pkg. I have pulled a 4000# Trail Sport with my Honda 300 4-wheeler in the bed of the truck to my hunting lease 6hrs away on relatively flat ground with NO problem. I would expect you to be able to pull your camper anywhere you wanted to go and probably as fast as you want without any issues. I'm looking at buying a Gray Wolf 28BH with an advertised UVW of 5300#, so if anybody has any experience with that set up or something similar I would appreciate hearing from you.
When we looked at the 28BH briefly, I had figured based upon the actual yellow sticker and generally accepted norms for gear etc., that the loaded ready to camp weight would be close to 7500 pounds.

If you plan to haul something in the bed of your 1500 I think you will not just be overweight on the RAWR but will over your cargo limit as well.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote