Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2014, 10:57 PM   #1

Great experience with Blue Ox

I recently purchased a 2013 Nissan Juke Nismo. It is a 6 speed manual and I wanted to tow it as a dinghy 4 wheels on the ground, but no one had currently built a tow bar for that model. I considered trying the tow bar that was made for the regular Juke, but Blue Ox invited me to go to their factory where they would build a baseplate for my model at no charge, and include a tow bar and wiring install for my trouble.

They did an amazing job with the fit and I had a great time at their factory with a tour while staying at their on site RV Park.

They are great people and I am a Blue Ox fan.

Go Merica! We can still make cool stuff.
Preadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #2

Back in the late 70's early 80's, there was a "Blue Ox" company in Omaha, Nebraska, that was making hide pullers for, meat packing facilities. When I first saw the same name on tow equipment years ago, I assumed it was the same company, that had expanded their product line.
Do you happen to know, if they are one and the same? The folks I knew from the late 70's, who started the business by that name making the hide pullers, were really great people.
katkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #3

I don't know about the meat packing products, but I know they do have offices in Omaha and they started with farm products, so I'm guessing it is the same.
Preadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #4

I was just a youngster at the time. If I'd of had more welding, or agri experience(farm background), or some tech training in welding etc., I could of gone to work for them.
They were starting out at that time, and were working out of an industrial strip, where they had rented two or three bays, and knocked the interior walls out. I doubt they'd been in business more then 5 years at that time. The good old days.
katkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #5

That's actually pretty amazing a company would do that. I also use Blue Ox for my base plate and tow bar. I love them both.

Tags
blue ox