Old 06-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #21

Check out the Pro Pride wdh. It's expensive but worth every dime

Old 06-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #22

Installed the equalizer and I might actually have got it right on the first try...handled good at 55mph. Man this thing is WAY easier to hook up than the centerline. I placed the brackets at 29" rather than the 32" optimum they recommend...reason being my custom dual tray will need to be relocated further back. One other thing I didn'tClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1403994591.367891.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	958.0 KB
ID:	56595 think of is the shank on the receiver is shorter and my tailgate hits the tounge jack now...wonder if I can spin it around??

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #23

Yes Ryand,I have turned (All) of our Elec.Jacks so the Tailgate could be lowered. Some E jacks motors can be turned,some only allow the turning of the Entire jack! Youroo!!
Old 07-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #24

First real tow with the equalizer vs centerline is like night and day! Equalizer IMHO is heads and tales above the centerline. With the husky it seemed like I was constantly fighting it. It's advertised as a active sway but I think in reality it is a reactive unit as to activate the springs it takes a yaw to get the benefits of the anti sway. The equalizer seems to do a much much better job of controlling the trailer. It's a lot louder in during slow motion but it feels much more of a solid unit. Very every happy with my decision. Hook up and unhooking is a dream over the centerline. Makes me feel much better about my safety based decision.

Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
First real tow with the equalizer vs centerline is like night and day! Equalizer IMHO is heads and tales above the centerline. With the husky it seemed like I was constantly fighting it. It's advertised as a active sway but I think in reality it is a reactive unit as to activate the springs it takes a yaw to get the benefits of the anti sway. The equalizer seems to do a much much better job of controlling the trailer. It's a lot louder in during slow motion but it feels much more of a solid unit. Very every happy with my decision. Hook up and unhooking is a dream over the centerline. Makes me feel much better about my safety based decision.

Adding grease at the pins will help quiet the hitch down some. If you have the older style L-bar pins you can also use the jackets to help reduce the squeals. I also found after the hitch breaks in it isn't so noisy. As for the pops on slow turns, that just lets me know the hitch is working.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:25 AM   #26

Agree with all comments... a little noisy but great down the road.. super easy hookup. I have never had any issues... Keep an eye on all your bolts.. I re torque mine every trip... seem to loosen up when new, gets less and less each time though

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equalizer