Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 04:53 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post
Yup, don't blame the LEO. They gotta make their quota. Sometimes you just pull the short straw.

Please provide any proof to support your quota statement!

Old 04-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #32

Been there, didn't like, wont be back.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:53 PM   #33

WV ~~ state dude pulled me over towing a TT with a gasser years ago. Speed limit 70. Going up the mountain I was doing 46. Too slow! Total fine/costs $168. Love my diesel.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:22 PM   #34
Who Dares, Wins

Sorry, was out hiking for the day.. Seems this took off as usual..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
Doc73, Can you legally pass while towing in the far left of a three lane highway in PA ?
IF IT IS Posted as no trucks, commercial or trailers than no.. Because you cannot be in the lane to begin with, only right two. Now if your in an suv pulling a trailer, I would have to look into it I would look at that as a gray area. Now I did not look the section up so it might be addressed for anything towing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Is that the total cost or just the fine. Most of our ticket when broke down there is a fine, fee for court, 911 etc. my son got a registration violation ticket and the fine was $45 but the total ticket was close to $70 or $90
Total cost. Fines in PA are typically 25$ for non speeding Fines. They range in cost depending on speed above limit. You are correct, most is fees. Fees can vary as well for serious offenses (like driving without a license for instance)

As for quotas they are outlawed in PA. As for making money.. We get half the cost of the fine. So, 12.50... Now this assumes the fine was the typical $25 fine. 90 to 95% of what I issue is $25 Fines and I am a traffic unit officer.

Figuring the cost of fuel, my salary, insurance, vehicle cost and equipment cost I would need to write a 100 tickets a day to even try and Break even (made up but you get the point) . This would assume the person pays the ticket. If they ask for a hearing we loose money.

So, for at least PA, when someone says we do it for revenue (expecially the politians,) most of the revenue actually goes to them... The politicians (into the coffers of the state budget.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
Old 04-14-2016, 06:32 PM   #35

Well, I never got a ticket I did not deserve and in my younger days I received a lot of them. Enough to meet a traffic judge's daughter and we dated a while.

NC requires CWP holders to notify LE that they hold a permit and are armed. I believe this law seriously cut tickets.

Tickets in NC ~~ just wait and in less than a week you will have 10 or more letters from lawyers. An example ~~ my neighbor's ticket for 77 in a 55 ~~ he sent the check and stayed home three counties away. Received a notice his fine/costs/lawyer fees paid for the charge improper equipment, faulty tail light. Every day in every county here. There are many rich traffic lawyers. Now ~~ DUI or causing an accident and you are dirt.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:50 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by prh5669 View Post
not sure what your point is. l am very aware of what the rules involving law enforcement are in my area. l was an internal affairs investigator. It has always amazed me when people like you slam officers without knowing all the facts. It sounds like you dont. Maybe the officer was rushing to a call for a school lockdow, child stopped breathing . Who knows. without all the facts, keep you negative judgemental comments to yourself.

I have had a NC Highway Patrolman pass me going at least 70 in a 55 because he was late for going out to eat, I know I saw him at the steak house a few minutes later. I know cops have a hard job but I get mad when I see them flying down the road. I usually just pull behind them and drive at whatever speed they are running at

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #37

what left brain

I hope you all knew... I meant right lane... wow... where was I... Only right lane driving for me no mater where I am... too late to edit it... LOL

Still love this forum!!
Old 04-14-2016, 07:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have had a NC Highway Patrolman pass me going at least 70 in a 55 because he was late for going out to eat, I know I saw him at the steak house a few minutes later. I know cops have a hard job but I get mad when I see them flying down the road. I usually just pull behind them and drive at whatever speed they are running at

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Many years ago I received a speeding ticket just for doing exactly that. In PA.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:09 PM   #39

Spock 123. l agree 100% with you. We monitor the GPS in the police cars and calls. Where l used to police, that would cost the officers a ticket and 2 days or so pay.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:26 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by prh5669 View Post
not sure what your point is. l am very aware of what the rules involving law enforcement are in my area. l was an internal affairs investigator. It has always amazed me when people like you slam officers without knowing all the facts. It sounds like you dont. Maybe the officer was rushing to a call for a school lockdow, child stopped breathing . Who knows. without all the facts, keep you negative judgemental comments to yourself.
"negative judgemental comments" and you as well

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
Closed Thread

Tags
towing