Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2016, 04:53 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post
Yup, don't blame the LEO. They gotta make their quota. Sometimes you just pull the short straw.

Please provide any proof to support your quota statement!
__________________

__________________
l001952119 is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel,NJ
Posts: 5,017
Been there, didn't like, wont be back.
__________________

__________________
2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura
A32Deuce is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 05:53 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
CaptnJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 2,710
WV ~~ state dude pulled me over towing a TT with a gasser years ago. Speed limit 70. Going up the mountain I was doing 46. Too slow! Total fine/costs $168. Love my diesel.
__________________
2017 Montana HC 370BR
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is online now  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:22 PM   #34
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,821
Sorry, was out hiking for the day.. Seems this took off as usual..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
Doc73, Can you legally pass while towing in the far left of a three lane highway in PA ?
IF IT IS Posted as no trucks, commercial or trailers than no.. Because you cannot be in the lane to begin with, only right two. Now if your in an suv pulling a trailer, I would have to look into it I would look at that as a gray area. Now I did not look the section up so it might be addressed for anything towing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Is that the total cost or just the fine. Most of our ticket when broke down there is a fine, fee for court, 911 etc. my son got a registration violation ticket and the fine was $45 but the total ticket was close to $70 or $90
Total cost. Fines in PA are typically 25$ for non speeding Fines. They range in cost depending on speed above limit. You are correct, most is fees. Fees can vary as well for serious offenses (like driving without a license for instance)


As for quotas they are outlawed in PA. As for making money.. We get half the cost of the fine. So, 12.50... Now this assumes the fine was the typical $25 fine. 90 to 95% of what I issue is $25 Fines and I am a traffic unit officer.

Figuring the cost of fuel, my salary, insurance, vehicle cost and equipment cost I would need to write a 100 tickets a day to even try and Break even (made up but you get the point) . This would assume the person pays the ticket. If they ask for a hearing we loose money.

So, for at least PA, when someone says we do it for revenue (expecially the politians,) most of the revenue actually goes to them... The politicians (into the coffers of the state budget.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:32 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
CaptnJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 2,710
Well, I never got a ticket I did not deserve and in my younger days I received a lot of them. Enough to meet a traffic judge's daughter and we dated a while.


NC requires CWP holders to notify LE that they hold a permit and are armed. I believe this law seriously cut tickets.


Tickets in NC ~~ just wait and in less than a week you will have 10 or more letters from lawyers. An example ~~ my neighbor's ticket for 77 in a 55 ~~ he sent the check and stayed home three counties away. Received a notice his fine/costs/lawyer fees paid for the charge improper equipment, faulty tail light. Every day in every county here. There are many rich traffic lawyers. Now ~~ DUI or causing an accident and you are dirt.
__________________
2017 Montana HC 370BR
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is online now  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:50 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by prh5669 View Post
not sure what your point is. l am very aware of what the rules involving law enforcement are in my area. l was an internal affairs investigator. It has always amazed me when people like you slam officers without knowing all the facts. It sounds like you dont. Maybe the officer was rushing to a call for a school lockdow, child stopped breathing . Who knows. without all the facts, keep you negative judgemental comments to yourself.

I have had a NC Highway Patrolman pass me going at least 70 in a 55 because he was late for going out to eat, I know I saw him at the steak house a few minutes later. I know cops have a hard job but I get mad when I see them flying down the road. I usually just pull behind them and drive at whatever speed they are running at


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: in my motorhome
Posts: 25
what left brain

I hope you all knew... I meant right lane... wow... where was I... Only right lane driving for me no mater where I am... too late to edit it... LOL

Still love this forum!!
__________________
waianaegal is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:06 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
CaptnJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have had a NC Highway Patrolman pass me going at least 70 in a 55 because he was late for going out to eat, I know I saw him at the steak house a few minutes later. I know cops have a hard job but I get mad when I see them flying down the road. I usually just pull behind them and drive at whatever speed they are running at


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Many years ago I received a speeding ticket just for doing exactly that. In PA.
__________________
2017 Montana HC 370BR
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is online now  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:09 PM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 10
Spock 123. l agree 100% with you. We monitor the GPS in the police cars and calls. Where l used to police, that would cost the officers a ticket and 2 days or so pay.
__________________
prh5669 is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:26 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by prh5669 View Post
not sure what your point is. l am very aware of what the rules involving law enforcement are in my area. l was an internal affairs investigator. It has always amazed me when people like you slam officers without knowing all the facts. It sounds like you dont. Maybe the officer was rushing to a call for a school lockdow, child stopped breathing . Who knows. without all the facts, keep you negative judgemental comments to yourself.
"negative judgemental comments" and you as well
__________________

__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
towing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.