View Poll Results: What would you do
Follow the "Hitch Mans" advice, and let it ride. 0 0%
Raise cain, make them fix it. 4 100.00%
Buy the Trunnion bar hitch and set up. 0 0%
Remove the Cam arms, weld up the holes and mount them correctly. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
HELP....Dealer messed up our WDH

We have a Reese dual cam round bar WDH that the dealer moved to our new camper last year, and setting it up for our new TV I discovered they seriously messed up on installing it. They drilled and bolted the Cam arms at the trunnion bar length of 19.5 in instead of the 18" that are for the round bar style that we have. With the cam arms screwed fully in, its still not centered in the saddle of the spring bar by about 1/4". We brought it back to what is now Camping World and their "Hitch Guy" looked at it and agrees its wrong, but he wouldn't change anything, its close enough. REALLY?????
So I'm wondering what others do? My options are.....
1. Follow the "Hitch Mans" advice, and let it ride.
2. Raise cain, make them fix it. Got the feeling that they will try and charge me.
3. Buy the Trunnion bar hitch and set up.
4. Remove the Cam arms, weld up the holes and mount them correctly.

Any other ideas?

2015 Shamrock 21DK
2005 Silverado Ext cab

Nights camped 2016..... not enough
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:01 PM   #2
I have the Reese Dual cam but with the trunnion bars. I don't think the system will work properly without the cams centered in the "notch" regardless of what the "hitch man" said. I would try to make them fix it, you paid for a correct installation. But, on the other hand, they may make a bigger mess of it. Depending on where new holes will need to be drilled, you may not have to weld the old holes. You can flip the cam brackets around if you need to. I would install the correct size bolts in the old holes to keep water out. Good luck.
Baldicon is offline   Reply With Quote