Old 08-25-2016, 08:19 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oithumper View Post
That looks a lot better than the first picture. What did they end up doing to get it more in line? Hope your trip goes well.

With the initial setup they only put 3 washers in and the head was actually tilted up before loaded. They added 4 washers and now the head is tilted down before loading. The only downside is the bars are near impossible to put on the brackets

Old 08-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastalkintn View Post
With the initial setup they only put 3 washers in and the head was actually tilted up before loaded. They added 4 washers and now the head is tilted down before loading. The only downside is the bars are near impossible to put on the brackets
Latch on to the ball then use the tongue jack to raise the truck some. This will help to secure the bars. Glad to see dealer helping you make it right. Good luck out there, be safe.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2016: 19 nights
Miles traveled in 2016: 2,575
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:35 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
Latch on to the ball then use the tongue jack to raise the truck some. This will help to secure the bars. Glad to see dealer helping you make it right. Good luck out there, be safe.

Only problem is I run out of tongue jack before it's high enough. I've got to get a 6"x6" to use.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:45 PM   #74

Quote:
Only problem is I run out of tongue jack before it's high enough. I've got to get a 6"x6" to use.
You have other options

https://www.fastwaytrailer.com/flip-jack-foot

Hensley Arrow
Old 08-25-2016, 08:52 PM   #75

I forgot to mention your tongue jack is most likely adjustable too. Pull the pin out down by the foot, the foot has adjustment holes.

Hensley Arrow
Old 08-25-2016, 08:54 PM   #76

Quote:
They make a cheater bar for that E2 WDH. After getting our adjusted properly, it is nearly impossible to get the bars up on the L brackets without the cheater. Part number 92-00-6000
Troy, Josie and our 2 K9 co-pilots Breck and Maggie
USN 86-92
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:56 PM   #77

Let's us know how it pulls now. Hopefully no more white knuckle.
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:58 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Let's us know how it pulls now. Hopefully no more white knuckle.
I actually pulled it about 15 miles today. It pulls much better, still has a little sway but coming from a pop up I think Im being over sensitive.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:25 PM   #79
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
x2 on using the tongue Jack to raise the truck rear. This takes the pressure of the truck making hitching easier. Use the cheater bar in addition to this to make it even easier.

Quote:
We used to keep a 4x6 block of wood under ours. We actually cut a 4x6 into 12" long sections and used 2 under each stab Jack. We screwed little metal handles to them to make moving them about easier.

Quote:
I actually pulled it about 15 miles today. It pulls much better, still has a little sway but coming from a pop up I think Im being over sensitive.

Is it true side to side sway? Sway is defined as side to side movement that increases in speed and size as it goes. This should not occur at all. A little tail wiggle is normal. This is where the rear of trailer wiggled side to side a little bit but not into other lanes and not such that it is true sway or affects handling. Or do you have porpoising which is where you have up and down bounce from front to rear like a wave? Or do you have tail wagging the dog where the traiker steers the truck? Each can be fixed but require different fixes.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
x2 on using the tongue Jack to raise the truck rear. This takes the pressure of the truck making hitching easier. Use the cheater bar in addition to this to make it even easier.

We used to keep a 4x6 block of wood under ours. We actually cut a 4x6 into 12" long sections and used 2 under each stab Jack. We screwed little metal handles to them to make moving them about easier.

Is it true side to side sway? Sway is defined as side to side movement that increases in speed and size as it goes. This should not occur at all. A little tail wiggle is normal. This is where the rear of trailer wiggled side to side a little bit but not into other lanes and not such that it is true sway or affects handling. Or do you have porpoising which is where you have up and down bounce from front to rear like a wave? Or do you have tail wagging the dog where the traiker steers the truck? Each can be fixed but require different fixes.

After the adjustment today I don't have any porpoising at all. I wouldn't classify it as true sway and it definitely isn't the tail wagging the dog. I am used to not even knowing my pop up was back there so any movement makes me a little nervous but I'm sure as I get more accustomed to it it will be fine.