Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irobutterfly59 View Post
Hubby is 61 and I just turned 60. Both retired now. We will never upgrade to a bigger camper. With hubby's recent health issue we won't be able to travel long distances or all over US with camper for at least a year or two. We just got back from a week in Colorado but we flew. We had planned to take our camper with old truck but hubby couldn't do the drive and our old truck (Disesel Ram 1500 2015 4x4) blew a fuel injector on our very first camping attempt to less then 200 miles from home. We may or may not have issues with our new truck. Time will tell. I read thousand of reviews of every brand of truck out there. Issues with all of them. Some have been lucky with their choice and others not, we got a lemon on our diesel with engine blown at 30K. Decided to make a change to a Ford. Time will tell how the truck we chose will perform.
Great choice of truck. With that trailer you will hardly know its back there until you hit Colorado again.

2016 APEX 215rbk
2016 F-150 4WD 3.55 3.5l ecoboost
jwfrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:25 AM   #162
KnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irobutterfly59 View Post
Hubby is 61 and I just turned 60. Both retired now. We will never upgrade to a bigger camper. With hubby's recent health issue we won't be able to travel long distances or all over US with camper for at least a year or two. We just got back from a week in Colorado but we flew. We had planned to take our camper with old truck but hubby couldn't do the drive and our old truck (Disesel Ram 1500 2015 4x4) blew a fuel injector on our very first camping attempt to less then 200 miles from home. We may or may not have issues with our new truck. Time will tell. I read thousand of reviews of every brand of truck out there. Issues with all of them. Some have been lucky with their choice and others not, we got a lemon on our diesel with engine blown at 30K. Decided to make a change to a Ford. Time will tell how the truck we chose will perform.
Need to keep in mind, you will hear more negative than positives on any vehicle. Is the old saying that No News are Good News. When I read reviews I always want to know "Why you did not like it?". Buying new vehicles is like playing Russian Roulette, is the luck of the draw. I am on the look out for a "Moderate Used" Diesel Truck. At least I know was used for a good while without been used up/worn out.

I heard many good praise on all US made Trucks, also, Bad opinions too.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
Eh.. FWIW I hope you're still alive and kicking to provide the update.

I harbor no Ill will for F150's. Just heard enough from people I know that have had issues. I also have 6 people to haul and would like to have a 5th wheel someday. Between the payload and towing capacity I really thought I should stick with a 3/4 ton or higher and have some headroom to spare.

I'm only 47 so hopefully many years of camping left in me. I also am the type to buy something that is well-maintained and used and drive it as long as I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfrede View Post
Great choice of truck. With that trailer you will hardly know its back there until you hit Colorado again.
I am so glad we flew and got a rental car. We were up 2miles in the mountains at some point. I am amazed at all the campers around Estes Park where we stayed. To tow up and down those highways would have been so nerve wracking for me at least. Lot of beautiful campgrounds though. If we want to do major traveling we will be flying for at least a year of two.

TT: Purchased @2/1/19 Wildwood X Lite 230BHXL
Irobutterfly59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow vehicle