Old 05-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #11
I will have a different reply than most here! Your ultra light will have a gross weight of around +/- 8800 lbs. That's the total weight empty trailer plus all the cargo, supplies, water etc. Now I believe the Ram Hemi will have enough power to tow that unit. The more important question at least here in North America is the load carrying capacity, the ultralite will have a pin weight (the weight of the trailer that sits on the back of the truck) of +/- 1300 lbs. Does the Ram have the ability to carry that and possibly more?? Air bags will help however they do not increase the weight carrying capability legally, at least not here. Hope it all works out for you!

Of all the things I've lost in my life the thing I miss the most is my mind!
prairiecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:33 PM   #12
In the uk a company uses 1500 with helper springs etc to tow these, in fact this company sold the f150 and the 5th wheel to the people I brought it from.
I drove it a 100 yards and it just did not feel right that's why I sold the f150 but Sod's law no 2500 or 3500 singe axles on sale, not like the US here we have to wait until one appears.
Hence the Dually great tower but daily drive is a pain, just want a smoother ride really with a mega cab.

kerandire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:14 PM   #13
Unfortunately some here have the same issue. We want as much comfort as possible while camping/traveling so we are required to have as much tow truck as necessary. These don't turn out to have the best ride when not towing. Some will down grade because they only tow 2 maybe 3 x a year. Others (me) put up with the ride.
Good luck.
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:27 PM   #14
Originally Posted by kerandire View Post
Has any one heard of a 1500 mega cab on a 2500 ?
I have one of those. I think my payload is 2730 #s. All the running gear is 3/4 ton stuff. 10 ply tires and heavy frame. It's a 1500 megacab. I believe max weight trailer is 9700#.
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 MegaCab
2014 Rockwood 2703WS
thecigarmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:29 AM   #15
You've got a dually and a 5er in the UK? I'd love to see the look on peoples faces when you drive that combo down the road and set up in a Caravan Club site. I have occasionally thought it would be fun, if I ever moved back there, to take my pairing and watch the reactions. Just not sure I could stomach the fuel bills, road tax and insurance costs though.

Clarkson, Hammond and May would have a complete meltdown if they saw you on the road.

I've just watched "Caravaner of the year" on the BBC iPlayer and was staggered if they were the top candidates that could be found out of all the CC members.

Happy travels and post some pics when you have them.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel, dodge, wheel