Old 08-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #11
I guess I'm assuming the hitch isn't the problem. Does the spring change when not hitched and leveled out for camping?

Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #12
The first thing you need to do is put your trailer on level ground, unhook it and level it. Next you need to see if both equalizer's are level, if they are not you need to find the weak, bent spring and/or axle and start with that, from your last pic of the tires it looks like a bent axle. The equalizer's need to be level, the camper needs to be level, and the truck needs to be level, all in that order. Good luck

2006 2500HD Duramax CCSB 2WD
2014 Crusader 285RET
Nights camped in 2013 - not enough!
Nights camped in 2014 37

Nights camped in 2015 40
Nights camped in 2016 35
Crusadernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
Thanks fellas for all the feedback. My wife and I took your posts seriously and really glad we did. It's labor day weekend and finding a mechanic is a least a competent shop you feel you can trust. I found competence for free at the loves truck stop mechanic when he was about to use an ai hammer to try popping it free. A second fella who wasn't a mechanic came out and said it's just gonna fall over and do the same thing that this problem was going to require all new leaf springs.......SPECIFICALLY ones that fit. he thought the cedar creek smaller front leafs and larger in the rear. We got down and measured ctr of bolt to the center of the other end of the leaf and sure enough there was an inch and a half difference coomparing the front to the back. The mechanics used 4 of the same sized leads. Other than a bent bumper it seems like it's just gonna need 4 new leads and a few bolts.

Any suggestions on better systems since I have the first rvshop in checkmat
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #14
Carknocker Family
Glad your getting it figured out. To bad the first RV shop just sold you a bill of goods to get your money and out their door. Were you able to move it safely somewhere else, or are you camped at a Truckstop?
Nights camped 2014...26
Nights camped 2015...20
Nights camped 2016...20
2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 6 speed manual
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #15
Wrong springs installed,W/D WAY OFF,T/W WAY OFF,55MPH is Correct,Let the other Goof Balls travel at 75MPH Towing, Stay where your at until ALL items are FIXED! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #16
Can anyone please confirm that there are 2 different leaf springs for the front & rear axles. I've googled every combination of search terms I void and can't find anything.

Today were transferring everything over to a uhaul trailer we rented and plan on taking home. Then I'll return in 2 weeks and pull the RV home empty
Old 09-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #17
Hitch doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm really not understanding the temperature thing. As soon as the sun sets everything seems fine. 18 wheelers bow winds don't really effect the trailer as much and nearly all the swaying goes away. It must be more than one issue cause the sums of the parts us greater than the whole

axle, equalizer