Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #21

SCOC, ajusting the bars on the Hensley is done by raising or lowering the jack post on each bar, using a 3/4 wrench. They can be adjust when hooking up with just your hand when you have your tongue raised, which I assume you do with your Equalizer to m make installing your bars easier (I did on my Equalize) or while traveling if you need to change the bar setting to improve ride due to weather and road conditions, just use you wrench to make whatever adjustments you need.

There is some noise with the Hensley, but near as much as the Equalizer.

There is NOT any subsitute for proper weight balance, side by side or front to back and tongue weght percentage. Get these right and any sway control is just safety insurance. Use the hitch that fits your needs, you wallet, and whatever peace of mind you need.

There is no perfect world or hitch or trailer or tow vehicle, just opinions.

Have a great day, I am, RVing in the LaCrosse Condo at Melvern Lake Outlet Park, visiting with a Good Sams Club and fellow FROG member Tailwind (who plays a mean game of bean bag in the dark).
Cedar Creek Sams President

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfranco View Post
Propride user. I wouldn't tow without it. Just finished a 4,000 mile trip from Illinois to Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, badlands etc. hitch was great until we were almost home after many long days of driving I forgot to check the yoke bolt. The yoke detached and for about 100 miles we towed through lacrosse, wi to Madison with a regular hitch. My wife who originally complained about the cost was grateful that I bought the propride for after experiencing towing with sway for 2 hours.

At first we couldn't figure out what happened then the next morning figure out what it was. Had to leave the rig in Wisconsin. Sean at propride shipped me the part I needed and I picked up the trailer the next weekend which once again was a pleasant towing experience.

Two takeaways, 1) propride worth every penny, and 2) make sure your bolts are secure during trips (you'll save yourself a bid headache in the end - even if you tow fro early morning until late at night.

I tow a 318bhs with a 3/4 ton yukon. Even in the mountains we could barely tell it was there.
Chfranco,you never did answer my posts?
They were in regard to the (Hitch problem you had)? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #23

How much does the Hensley Arrow cost? The ProPride price is right there on the website, but Hensley doesn't post.

thanks.
Kbosch74 is offline   Reply With Quote