Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #1

Hensley Hitch

Anyone have experience with or input regarding the Hensley anti sway WD hitch? Supposed to be superior to the other hitches we chat about on the forum. Costs gobs more also. We ordered the Equalizer with our trailer, yet to be built/delivered, and from the threads i have read i am happy to have the Equalizer. Curious to read any comments regarding the Hensley.
Hensleymfg.com if interested.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
President ProPride, Inc.

I have some experience with it. I was the vice president of the company for 10 years.

Different animal from an Equalizer.

-

Old 04-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #3

[QUOTE="Sean Woodruff"]

I'll say......from studying on their and other's websites. I am sure the Equalizer will serve us for now. My older sister wants me to get the Hensley cuz "its safer and better". So sick of her telling me what to do! I' m 55 years old for cryin out loud! Wanted input from folks hoping I could prove her wrong.

Hensley looks great but it would have to be a tax refund purchase if i went that way.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

[QUOTE=Skabi;183781]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff

I'll say......from studying on their and other's websites. I am sure the Equalizer will serve us for now. My older sister wants me to get the Hensley cuz "its safer and better". So sick of her telling me what to do! I' m 55 years old for cryin out loud! Wanted input from folks hoping I could prove her wrong.

Hensley looks great but it would have to be a tax refund purchase if i went that way.
I don't think you'll find much support to prove her wrong. Sorry to do this to you but you might need to go back to your sister and tell her she's right.

The biggest difference is that Hensley (and Propride for that matter) will eliminate sway while Equal-i-zer can only mitigate sway. Same thing with Reese, Blue Ox, etc.

I am not suggesting you need to go that route, but Hensley and Propride are considered to be the best for a reason. They are safer.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff
My older sister wants me to get the Hensley cuz "its safer and better". So sick of her telling me what to do! I' m 55 years old for cryin out loud! Wanted input from folks hoping I could prove her wrong.

That's funny. You can tell her she isn't quite up to date on the best - the Hensley is a full generation behind -
Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #6

No, Triguy....there's no going back and saying she is right. She already knows that. Thats why she approached me cuz she knew she already had information to best me.

Concur with your info and comparisons with the Hensley. Hadnt heard of it and researched it today. Learn something every day! Don't show this to my sister!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #7

Oh, and i meant to say i will look you up for advice, Sean, if i decide to go the way of the Hensley or similar brand. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #8

Have the Hensley, no sway, maintains control of both TT and TV. Pricey, yes, but worth it in safety and quitness from my navigator. Would buy it again and also take a serious look at Sean' s Propride. The other weight hitches helped on our old 30' Wildwood, but never quiet gave you that secure feeling. They all work better or worse for different people.

Have a fantastical time RVing.

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skabi
Anyone have experience with or input regarding the Hensley anti sway WD hitch? Supposed to be superior to the other hitches we chat about on the forum. Costs gobs more also. We ordered the Equalizer with our trailer, yet to be built/delivered, and from the threads i have read i am happy to have the Equalizer. Curious to read any comments regarding the Hensley.
Hensleymfg.com if interested.
We have the Hensley hitch and love it. I'm not afraid to pull our TT with it at all. Feels like I'm not pulling anything behind me!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
DDC

I have a Hensley and it's on it's fourth trailer now, never had any problems other than repainting it, keep it greased and although upfront cost is high it's cheaper than a funeral.