Old 12-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #31
President ProPride, Inc.

If the "Hensley Bump" scares you more than trailer sway you may want to re-evalutate. It's not even close to being as dangerous or as common as trailer sway. And, it doesn't exist in 99%+ of the trailers that have the brakes working.

Keep your speed down to under 50 mph and you'll never have a problem with your Centerline.

-

Old 12-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
DDC

Anyone who has a "Hensley or Pro-pride bump" does not know how to set-up their trailer brakes properly and should really not be towing at all.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #33
carl.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahector View Post
Carl.Net: Ouch- that felt a bit angry.
Was not directed at you. Either way welcome to the board.
Quote:
Not sure where I work has anything to do with being a satisfied customer-
Generally does not. But what you will find is that companies will pay people to troll boards and advertise their products. For the amateurs all of their posts will look and sound like they came from a sales brochure and the only time they post is to advertise their products. Boards die a quick death if those types of folks are not called to the floor. (I have over 30 years running and moderating BBS and discussion boards)
Quote:
Did I miss this forums rules about supporting good products, credibility and disclosing employment?
Your post is quite good vs the shill so I do not think you missed anything.
Tekonsha P3 break controller
- 36 ft Monterey cabin cruiser, Stainless blender
Two 4.7 GXi I/O (2 x 320hp = 640hp)
carl.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
If the "Hensley Bump" scares you more than trailer sway you may want to re-evalutate. It's not even close to being as dangerous or as common as trailer sway. And, it doesn't exist in 99%+ of the trailers that have the brakes working.

Keep your speed down to under 50 mph and you'll never have a problem with your Centerline.

-
Sean- Really didn't intend to start a debate over what is better but will say that blanket statements such as yours do not make me want to go out and purchase your product. From an engineering stand point I completely understand how your hitch eliminates sway....with that said there are other options for safe travel. Sales 101- Understand that the competition is still in business for a reason.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #35
carl.net

RyanD, A complete thread derail I know, but do you ever dry camp in the Mark Twain forest near Fort lost in the woods? I see so few campers in that area even though the forest service has something like 1.5 million acres available for folks to use.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #36
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Sean- Really didn't intend to start a debate over what is better but will say that blanket statements such as yours do not make me want to go out and purchase your product. From an engineering stand point I completely understand how your hitch eliminates sway....with that said there are other options for safe travel. Sales 101- Understand that the competition is still in business for a reason.

I'm not sure how you can construe what I posted as a debate. There is no debate in what I posted. Stating a fact, based on 16 years and thousands of examples, can be construed as a "blanket" statement? It is pure fact. If that debates criteria you used to make a decision, you didn't have the facts.

Secondly, everything I post is not to "make you want to go out and purchase my product." In fact, that didn't even cross my mind when I posted.

The competition being in business has nothing to do with Sales 101. I don't compete with Husky and don't even pretend to. The obvious performance advantages aside, I make a product in the USA and do not import it from China. That alone will make the product more expensive and people will make economic decisions regardless of facts to the contrary. That's Economics 101 and not sales.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl.net View Post
RyanD, A complete thread derail I know, but do you ever dry camp in the Mark Twain forest near Fort lost in the woods? I see so few campers in that area even though the forest service has something like 1.5 million acres available for folks to use.
Funny you bring this up.....I was looking today at Mark Twain. I have never been camping there with the trailer but been many times on foot. Its a great area and their are a few COE campgrounds there if you dont want to rough it. Dont worry about the de-rail....its going nowhere anyhow!!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
I'm not sure how you can construe what I posted as a debate. There is no debate in what I posted. Stating a fact, based on 16 years and thousands of examples, can be construed as a "blanket" statement? It is pure fact. If that debates criteria you used to make a decision, you didn't have the facts.

Secondly, everything I post is not to "make you want to go out and purchase my product." In fact, that didn't even cross my mind when I posted.

The competition being in business has nothing to do with Sales 101. I don't compete with Husky and don't even pretend to. The obvious performance advantages aside, I make a product in the USA and do not import it from China. That alone will make the product more expensive and people will make economic decisions regardless of facts to the contrary. That's Economics 101 and not sales.
Thanks for the clarification....sure appreciate it. I had it all wrong.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #39
carl.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Funny you bring this up.....I was looking today at Mark Twain.
Since you do not mind the derail check out this link. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.63...91113&t=h&z=16
This is the old trail rides location and has lots of open space (Think up to 200 campers easily) right on the Piney River. Would be an exceptional dry camping camping location. If you decide to use the location do not trust any road that shows you having to cross the Piney as most of them are old fords that no longer exist... Grin.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl.net View Post
Since you do not mind the derail check out this link. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.63...91113&t=h&z=16
This is the old trail rides location and has lots of open space (Think up to 200 campers easily) right on the Piney River. Would be an exceptional dry camping camping location. If you decide to use the location do not trust any road that shows you having to cross the Piney as most of them are old fords that no longer exist... Grin.
When I was a kid i spent the summers with my Grandpa who lived just off Norfolk lake in Southern Mo. We would head north on the white river and spend the morning catching crawdads for limb lines, the afternoon pulling fish and rebating and the evenings camping and cooking the days catch.
All on the bank of the river....didnt know who owned it and were never asked to leave. Lots of little spots like that in Mark Twain.