Old 08-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #1

Hensley or pro pride

Thinking of getting one or the other , Reviews are people love them . I know they are expensive . Like to hear what fellow forum seekers think.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #2

Unless someone used both on same trailer and truck and compare then you would have true feedback, I use the ProPride and love it, no issues with it since 2011.......so I would say either one would be good choice.

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #3

Very true , I do like the way pro pride has the adjustable stinger .
Old 08-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red and 30WR View Post
Very true , I do like the way pro pride has the adjustable stinger .
Yes and I always had great service from Sean (owner)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #5

I decided to go with the propride. Both were comparable in price.

Reasons

adjustable stinger- I have 2 trucks since I bought the propride so that's been nice to just adjust it and not send the stinger back for another drop

My personal opinion but I think the propride is built better. I like the yoke instead of the bars on the Hensley

I don't think you could go wrong with either though.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #6

My ProPride has been on 3 different trailers, easy to install and take off (you learn tricks). It is a great unit, a little more to hook up than just dropping the hitch on the ball but on the road is where it counts, sway is gone and that makes for a more enjoyable tow.
Nights Camped 2016 27

Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #7

I really like my hensley arrow. It changes the towing experience immensely. Oddly enough Pro Pride makes an adjustable stinger for the Hensley. (well not really being how Hensley took his designs to Pro Pride) Never seeing the Pro Pride, one might think it is a little bit lighter. I know you will be happy with either, however if you are trying to overcome a issue be careful. A really heavy trailer vs. a lighter truck, you can still be pushed around by the trailer. If tongue weight is to light you can still jackknife.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2016: 19 nights
Miles traveled in 2016: 2,575
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #8

When we started our research in 2008 I didn't even know about the ProPride. I talked to a buddy with a Hensley Arrow and he let me know.

Both hitches eliminate sway with exactly the same pivot point projection. The ProPride is an evolution of the Hensley, not a revolution unto itself - but I feel that the evolution is significant. I certainly do appreciate the adjustable stinger!

We've been towing with our ProPride since the spring of 2009. I wouldn't tow a travel trailer without it.
www.restcure.ca

illegitimi non carborundum
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #9

I'm only about an hour away from both ProPride and Hensley so I stopped in to look at them. In addition to the adjustable stinger, the ProPride just looked better built. Either one will make a major difference on how well your towing goes.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red and 30WR View Post
Thinking of getting one or the other , Reviews are people love them . I know they are expensive . Like to hear what fellow forum seekers think.
Have owned a Hensley Arrow for many years and am very happy with it. The ProPride I have only read about but really like the idea of the adjustable stinger as I have had to exchange my hitch bar once (for a new TT) already also had to purchase under-mount frame brackets. However, I can attest that the system works fantastically! A number of years ago while travelling from Flagstaff, AZ to Las Vegas, NV and prior to the bridge crossing the Colorado River, we were required to pull-over by contractors to Homeland Security for inspection prior to crossing the Hoover Dam. The person inspecting us was surprised to see us as he informed us that the road and been closed at 6:30 am. We must have started out on it just prior to that time. As we were in no rush and there was little traffic, we were admittedly taking our time. After asking why it was closed we were informed that it was due to extremely high crosswinds! "CROSSWINDS! WHAT CROSSWINDS?" Yes it had felt a bit breezy but we had had no problem and barely felt it! That's when I knew that we had made a solid investment! To top this off, I have found that Hensley are very customer service oriented. Steve Smith is top notch!! Which ever you choose you will not regret your investment I am sure. Say good-bye to trailer sway!

Tags
hensley