Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2017, 02:09 PM   #1

Hensley Trailer Saver BD3 hitch

Hi.. looking for some advice or options.. I have recently upgraded to a 2017 F350 dually rated at 27,700lb in towing capacity. My 5th wheel trailer is 11,000lbs so it does not put much of a strain on it..

On a long trip I felt the trailer chucking and bouncing in the Husky hitch. I was thinking of buying a air-ride hitch to reduce the movement and the jarring of the trailer and contents.

What advice would you offer?

thanks Jeff
Jeff from Burlington Ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:25 PM   #2

We did not have a fifth wheel but used an Air-Ride for our 32' Airstream for years. I towed coast to coast with it and loved the ride, the trailer was so smooth we literally could leave items on the counter and have them there when we arrived. If their fifth wheel hitches work half as good you will be very satisfied. The one draw back was the weight.

Name:   Airstream for sale.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  26.3 KB
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #3

I have an Trail-Air air ride pin box on my trailer and absolutely love it. Can't tell you the cost of it compared to an air ride hitch for the truck.
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hensley, hitch, trailer